Charles Fischer

Pac-12 Analyst Yogi Roth: "Oregon Should Jump Two Spots and Over Alabama"

Whew!  He makes an interesting case, and I'm glad we got into the top four last week as one boost was our win over Fresno State, who just lost to Boise State.

Mr. FishDuck

Meanwhile, Joey Galloway, the Buckeye homer, has the Ducks at #4 and his Buckeyes at #2.  And the Ducks didn't even make Jesse Palmer's top 5 list.  Do these guys even try to appear objective? 

It wasn't a pretty win, but it was more convincing than both Bama's or Cincy's wins.  Bama had to prevent a Hail Mary, at the end of regulation, and Cincy was gifted a goal line fumble by Tulsa.  tOSU also got away with murder AGAIN.  On Nebraska's second to the last possession, there should have been a flag thrown for an obvious PI on 3rd down.  If not for the complicit refs, that drive should have been extended, giving Nebraska the chance to take the lead.

Not surprised by Buckeye Joey, but Jesse is obviously paying more attention to his job hosting, "The Bachelorette"

than he is to football.

Image result for Jesse Palmer Bachelorette host. Size: 146 x 170. Source: en.mogaznews.com

The most amazing part of the whole season is that we keep winning with atrocious QB play. Last night might of been the worst of the lot. I think back to what this coaching staff did with Justin Herbert, it is just unacceptable. I’ve been a Duck fan since the late 60’s and I can’t remember a starting QB this bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/7/2021 at 6:27 AM, Confused said:

In all fairness as far as Oregon jumping Alabama.  Would you bet your house that Oregon beats Alabama on a neutral field?  

To be fair, hypothetical match-ups are not a part of the consideration for the weekly Top 4, just what both teams did the previous Saturday.

• Like 2

On 11/7/2021 at 9:36 AM, Confused said:

Yes and Oregon barely beat one of the worst teams in football.  

That could be, but Oregon covered the spread over Washington on the road, in a storm. Alabama was favored by 28 over a weak LSU team and beat them 20-14.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/7/2021 at 9:38 AM, Confused said:

That is why the loss to Stanford

Yes, and that was a real game. Imagining what would happen in a game between Oregon and Alabama which you did in your original post was the hypothetical. All good.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, what a jolly Christmas we'd all have.

On 11/7/2021 at 9:48 AM, Confused said:

Don’t you think when picking top 4 they ask who would beat who ?  I’m not picking a team as number 2 if I don’t think they would beat numbers 3and 4 right.   So plenty of hypothetical games are discussed.  

It is done, and it's one of the biggest problems with a Committee "Picking and hypothyzing" the teams for "The Invitational. Instead of it being an actual Playoff.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't care about the rankings, just win the games. If we end up within the top 10 at the end of the season it has been a success.

Right now we are lucky to be where we are, with a chance! I would actually love to see tosu get ranked ahead of us, more fodder for the fire!

It is going to take a lot more fire to keep winning, not ranking higher in the short term.

Yogi? 

How about NO!

Thanks for giving a homer goose to the Ducks but the records are the same. Bama plays in the SEC and Bama lost to a PO ranked team, A+M, that will be moving up in the PO rankings on Tuesday.

Bama has a top 25 W vs Ole Miss. And with it being in the SEC, after its W vs Kentucky yesterday TENN could be ranked?

Ducks lost to a TERRIBLE Stanford team. The L on The Farm could keep a 12-1 Ducks out of the final 4? And Fresno losing? There goes the Ducks 2nd top 25 win.

On 11/7/2021 at 12:56 PM, Haywarduck said:

I don't care about the rankings, just win the games. If we end up within the top 10 at the end of the season it has been a success.

Right now we are lucky to be where we are, with a chance! I would actually love to see tosu get ranked ahead of us, more fodder for the fire!

It is going to take a lot more fire to keep winning, not ranking higher in the short term.

The games to remember are played in November but the only ranking that matters comes in December.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/7/2021 at 9:27 AM, Confused said:

In all fairness as far as Oregon jumping Alabama.  Would you bet your house that Oregon beats Alabama on a neutral field?    Alabama would never ever lose to the Stanford team we did. They could leave every starter they have at home and go beat pathetic Stanford.   I’m a Duck fan but come on man.   We give Washington the ball with 2 minutes to go and a chance to win.  We are lucky as heck to even be in top 4.   

I wouldn't bet the house. But at A+M the place Bama lost? I'd give the Ducks a chance and if LSU tripped to Autzen I think the Ducks would have tamed these Tigers (tamed by UCLA) easier than did Bama in Tuscaloosa?

Edited by Jon Joseph

On 11/7/2021 at 9:58 AM, Jon Joseph said:

The games to remember are played in November but the only ranking that matters comes in December.

But January will be necessary, if we are to win the title, which is vital.

5tavtb.jpg

On 11/7/2021 at 1:08 PM, Confused said:

I’ve learned not to argue with you Mr. Joseph!   But you did watch the first half of the game right?   And the final 3 minutes?  

If you are referring to the LSU at Bama game, yes, I watched Bama struggle in the first half and almost choke away the lead in the last 3 minutes.

I watched Oregon struggle in the 1st half and control the game from thereon with an 'in your face UW!, late TD overturned.

BTW: Arguing? In my POV, NO. Having fun? YES.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/7/2021 at 9:57 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Bama plays in the SEC and Bama lost to a PO ranked team, A+M, that will be moving up in the PO rankings on Tuesday.

Since we are discussing hypotheticals.

A&M stinks......they barely beat a lowly Colorado team that we rolled without a problem. Bama lost to the crappy A&M team.

How about this hypothetical. Based on deductive reasoning we would beat Bama if following this chain of thought.