NJDuck

No. 4 Oregon Ducks were trying to score on final play against Washington

EUGENE — Oregon was attempting to score until the final whistle against rival Washington.

The No. 4 Ducks beat the Huskies, 26-16, on Saturday and were originally ruled to have scored on an 11-yard touchdown run by Byron Cardwell Jr. with 10 seconds to play. The score was overturned upon review and the ball was spotted at the 1.

Oregon’s offense took the field but the clock ran out before a play got off and the game was declared over.

“We weren’t trying to run the clock out at all,” offensive coordinator Joe Moorhead said. “We were trying to punch the ball in. (Anthony Brown Jr.) was waiting for Alex Forsyth to make his line calls there, for the blocks to be made. Unfortunately we didn’t have an opportunity to snap it. We were attempting to snap the ball and score, but the clock ran out before we could get it snapped.”

• Thumbs Up 2

I really wanted that TD. It would have been one of prowess!

• Haha 2

NJDUCK. My mom made a lot of money working in classifieds at the Oregonian.  She would be jealous of your post! 

Just ribbing you! 😉

I can't remember if Oregon still had a time out left, but if they did, they should have called a timeout to begin after the review, or been in position to immediately spike the ball after the review. At least now they know that the clock starts immediately after a review if the previous play was a running play.

As a fan I think it showed good sportsmanship to not score there

But as a Duck I sure wish they would have.

• Thumbs Up 1

Another example of poor clock management.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Finally, the facts. AB was waiting on Forsyth to make the line calls. Alas. he was slow to do it. Coaches had nothing to do with the delay.

On 11/8/2021 at 5:25 PM, Duck 1972 said:

As a fan I think it showed good sportsmanship to not score there

But as a Duck I sure wish they would have.

No sportsmanship involved. They couldn’t get the play off in time.

Classy thing would have been to take a knee.

Very un-Cristobal like.

• Thumbs Up 1