TheRunningDuck

Brown had a Touchdown!!!

My opinion and observation is Brown was clearly across the goal line when he had the ball stripped. Lack of a decent camera angle is frustrating. Every other angle showed what looked like a TD and logically it was a TD.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 11/14/2021 at 2:45 PM, TheRunningDuck said:

My opinion and observation is Brown was clearly across the goal line when he had the ball stripped. Lack of a decent camera angle is frustrating. Every other angle showed what looked like a TD and logically it was a TD.

This happens when ESPN broadcasts on the cheap. And of course when Pac-12 refs are calling the game.

• Thumbs Up 5

On 11/14/2021 at 11:46 AM, Jon Joseph said:

This happens when ESPN broadcasts on the cheap. And of course when Pac-12 refs are calling the game.

Talk about a Double Whammy !

And the announcers totally failed to acknowledge that even the piss-poor angles that ESPN offered up appeared to show the QB with the ball, across the goal line.

Glad we won, and every time I see a ref looking at the little, bitty screen I have to laugh.

The discussion we have had about refs and those screens they look at, for the most part, has given me a prospective where I have to laugh. I will admit, sometimes it makes me shake my head is frustration, like on this occasion, but one must laugh or the tears of frustration are inevitable.

5u5xcn.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

The conference doesn't use their own cameras? So crappy teams like the Huskies don't get video reviews unless they play a team that is TV worthy?

I too thought he scored before he was stripped.

From Canzano’s article the  Pac-12 Network ... uses high-quality equipment, production trucks and refuses to cut corners and go on the cheap when it comes to the quality of the picture you get on your screen. Part of that is the state-of-the-art technology and high-speed infrastructure the network shares with its 12 member universities.

ESPN cheaped out and went with the minimum number of cameras, and the announcers knew it.  I don’t know if PAC 12 cameras were even there.  ESPN wouldn’t heave looked at their footage anyway, but PAC 12 refs should have.

On 11/14/2021 at 3:39 PM, PittDuck said:

ESPN cheaped out and went with the minimum number of cameras, and the announcers knew it.

Yeah they knew it. This was "Pac-12 After Dark" after all. They have to stow a certain number of camera's away so they always have enough for SEC games.

Given how suspect the officiating in the Pac 12 is, I think it's clear that we need to increase the number of cameras and camera angles available to review officials. As was demonstrated last night, there definitely need to be more than 6 cameras monitoring the game.

There should be at least 3 camera angles monitoring each goal area with perhaps an overhead camera that looks down on the goal line from above.

Another great idea I've heard mentioned is to have computer chips in the noses of game balls that could precisely track ball location. This would be a reliable way to decide whether or not a ball crossed the goal line plane, as well as more accurately determining the spot of a ball.

Blame it on ESPN all you want but it was a bad call at the goal line--tough to reverse

In a game that only requires that the ball break the plain of the goal line then 3 cameras should be required on each goal line.

One on each side of the field and one on top. Should be part of all up coming TV negotiations. 

Not sure weather these cameras can be remotely operated or must have a camera man. Either way they are expensive,  very expensive.

IMHO, each P5 school should make the investment and install those types of cameras. They will pay for themselves.

Imagine what it could have cost Oregon and P12 members if that call took them out of the playoffs

Either 4 or 6 million divided between 12 teams, potentially lost. Just because ESPN went cheap and the P12 has weak officiating.

Stop talking about the P12 being big time football and act like it is. ESPN stop talking about being the world wide leader of sports and act like it.

• Thumbs Up 3