Steven A

We Want Utah In A No Lose Situation

No one is talking about Utah winning two times in 13 days.  Well, maybe they are in Utah circles, but I digress. 

If the Beavs beat ASU and we run the table, Utah in the Championship game could be in a “no lose” situation.  

Win, and you get the Pac 12 Rose Bowl berth.

Lose, and you get the Pac 12 Rose Bowl berth as the highest rated non Pac 12 Champ.

That would be ideal as there wouldn’t be as much pressure on the Utes to win the game to achieve the Rose Bowl.

Conversely, if they beat us Sat (although highly unlikely), then if they don’t win the match-up, hello Alamo?

So, I would much rather have them playing “for nothing” than for their 1st ever Rose Bowl.

• Thanks 1

Now that is a shot of not only realistic, but optimistic look at the rest of the season!

• Haha 1

12-1. Orange Bowl vs Georgia. An additional $6M in the conference bank.

If Oregon is a PO team it should defeat a team, twice, that lost to OR ST, and BYU, and San Diego State. 

This is not like having to beat Carroll's SC teams 2 times in 3 weeks. With the possible exception of LB, the Ducks are superior at every position group. Ducks special teams is better than Utah's. And I trust veteran AB to manage the game properly.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/18/2021 at 12:35 PM, Jon Joseph said:

12-1. Orange Bowl vs Georgia. An additional $6M in the conference bank.

If Oregon is a PO team it should defeat a team, twice, that lost to OR ST, and BYU, and San Diego State. 

This is not like having to beat Carroll's SC teams 2 times in 3 weeks. With the possible exception of LB, the Ducks are superior at every position group. Ducks special teams is better than Utah's. And I trust veteran AB to manage the game properly.

Amen.

This is a tough assignment. Title teams execute.  This game is similar to the 2010  Oregon at Cal game. That team got it done.  Now if we want to look like the elite teams, we drop 50 and leave the Utes in the dust.

But I don't see Cristobal going for the throat.  This is his battle in a phone booth game.  I'd be orbiting the North Star - showing the world what Superman is totally capable of.  

As the World Turns is what we'll get though.  One question though: didn't TV execs get rid of soap operas for a reason?

• Haha 1

On 11/18/2021 at 12:12 PM, Steven A said:

Lose, and you get the Pac 12 Rose Bowl berth as the highest rated non Pac 12 Champ.

Boy....I do not know about that.  Seems to me that the Pac-12 Championship decides who goes to the Rose Bowl?

Mr. FishDuck

Interesting analysis.   But like the Beavs, Utes won't think this way at all.   They just want to beat the No. 3 team of the land, both times if possible...

On 11/18/2021 at 12:44 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Boy....I do not know about that.  Seems to me that the Pac-12 Championship decides who goes to the Rose Bowl?

Pac-12 Champ goes to Rose bowl unless it is going to CFP.  My understanding is in that case, next highest rated CFP team is to go to RB.

I think that the Rose Bowl has an out if the next is a 4 or 5 loss team. Isn't that how TCU played in the Rose Bowl?

On 11/18/2021 at 2:37 PM, DanLduck said:

I think that the Rose Bowl has an out if the next is a 4 or 5 loss team. Isn't that how TCU played in the Rose Bowl?

That was the BCS era and I think there is different criteria now.