Charles Fischer

Belay That! I WANT Negative, I LOVE Negative!

My friends, there has been a lot of confusion about writing negative and what venting is?  Forget about all of it--WRITING NEGATIVE is fine, as that is what we do here!  We discuss player performance and coaching decisions, and it is negative a good bit of the time.

Belay which? I don't know WHAT to do!

giphy.gif

As long as you follow our rules of being nice to each other?  You are fine.  Now if anyone goes beyond and is venting?  I'll let them know in private, and I'll be nice about it! (Nothing in public again!)

Some members here have been reluctant to post because, "well it is negative and I don't want to violate the rules."  This is my fault, as the difference between writing negative and venting is not clear, so I want to let you all know to not worry about the degrees or gradations. Just--go for it!  

No More Decisions...Negative is Fine?

giphy.gif

Whew!  It'll be good to move again!

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Message received, thanks for posting.

Edited by EzDucksIt

I will wait until we lose again, thanks.

On 11/26/2021 at 5:32 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Whew!  It'll be good to move again!

"I just made them an offer they can't refuse!"

el padrino don corleone GIF

• Like 1

3-hippies.jpg.4297642a77f32194f9543cb4bcf95b0e.jpgI love my team/s, But I am a pro FAN person and Fans sometimes express opinions that aren't always popular--but its all a part of the game.

Like my grandma said if ya cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen. BTW I took Boos as a sophomore BBal player.  I turned out fine --LOL

Edited by 1Ducker1

Disagree? YES. But don't be disagreeable when you disagree.

Our nation's government is built on debate and righteous discourse. Opinions matter. Opinions will ruffle feathers including Duck feathers. But my opinion is not always correct and your opinion deserves my respect.

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Thumbs Up 2

JJ,

Could not have said it any better and I love how you make me see other options, when I could be wrong.  Did I really just say that?

• Thanks 1

Yep, as long as your goal is to contribute to the discussion, and not to end it, everything works out fine.

On 11/26/2021 at 4:17 PM, 30Duck said:

as long as your goal is to contribute to the discussion, and not to end it

Whew!  Powerful stuff in my world, so concise and true..

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/26/2021 at 3:52 PM, Haywarduck said:

I will wait until we lose again, thanks.

There will be tons of negative next time, sure, but the feedback I've been getting is confusion.  I don't want to discourage posting of any type, as I want to see all opinions--so we let everyone post everything, (provided they are nice to each other) and I'll let the few who go overboard know in private.

I made a BIG MISTAKE discussing a couple of specific cases in public in the forum recently, and I needed to quickly reverse course and not restrain people.  

Not what I intended on this one...

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

LOSING HAPPENS. If the favorite won on every occasion, why not just sim instead of play the game? Sim, and Oregon does not take a loss at Stanford. 

When your team takes an L you at at very least want it to show up and play to its ability. And you do not want the L to come against teams that should not be on the same field of play with you. And if you are less than a 3 point dog (cat?) you do not want to get blown out.

On a given day an underdog playing hard and defeating you is one thing. Not showing up to play at the level of your ability is entirely different.

On too many occasions Oregon under Mario has simply not been prepared to play ball anywhere close to its level of ability.

• Thumbs Up 1

Chip once said that some players put on the Duck uniform think that magic will happen--they tend to forget that THEY are the magic.

Edited by 1Ducker1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/26/2021 at 4:11 PM, Jon Joseph said:

and your opinion deserves my respect

Even though it is wrong.

On 11/26/2021 at 5:31 PM, Jon Joseph said:

LOSING HAPPENS. If the favorite won on every occasion, why not just sim instead of play the game?

And this is why I can't care about the NBA playoff... yes I am going completely 1000 percent OFF TOPIC with that statement but I think it proves a point. The NBA playoffs are super boring because after a 72 game season we know who are statistically the best teams are... and then they play a best-of-seven torment where the statistically best teams tend to be the ones to win it. March Madness on the other-hand is glorious with best-of-one games where a team can get lucky or just play better.

Now College Football on the whole has four tiers ... top tier (Alabama, Ohio State, ect.) a second tier (Oregon, Wisconsin, ect.) a third tier (the vast majority of all the Power-Five Teams and the better teams from G5 Conferences) then a fourth tier ... the crap teams that are constant basement dwellers (the Arizona's right now). 

Why we love sports is because the unknown can happen. We all want an outcome but the narrative isn't written so we have to watch it unfold. Sometimes the results are frustrating (Utah) and sometimes they are magnificent (Ohio State).

So now... it is time for the Ducks to show up tomorrow and get their ticket to Vegas... and then show up in Vegas and beat Utah to show the College Football world who owns the PAC!