30Duck

Looks Like USC's New Coach is going to be MMMM Good

Interesting hire. Guy who is known for developing 3 stars and not recruiting big time talent.

On 11/26/2021 at 8:10 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Interesting hire. Guy who is known for developing 3 stars and not recruiting big time talent.

I think that may turn out to be a good hire. It should be lot easier to recruit 4 and 5 star players to USC than Iowa State.

He is known for recruiting gamers, not turning 4* and 5* enabled socal kids into teams. The problem with sc is turning all the talent into a team, not sure Campbell is the guy to control, mold the southern cal culture into winners.

He has no background west of the Mississippi. It is a different world down there and they will eat him up. But it does look like a good hire if it is. Preseason favorites, once again.

• Haha 1

He is a good coach and one who has proven himself in Big-10 and Big-12 country (Iowa sits in both conferences). He strikes me as a mid-west guy. Now that doesn't mean he can't succeed at USC but we will just have to see if the culture he wants to build can materialize with the talent he needs. Or does he dip into the three star pool to find the players who will buy into his desired culture... if that's the case he might be good but won't meet USC's standards.

It will be interesting to watch...

USC alum (The idea of the years of being dominated by the spoiled br... , er, children still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth...) will not be satisfied with any coach who cannot stem the flood of recruits bleeding out of the SoCal for points north and east, let alone, 25 minutes to the west!

On 11/27/2021 at 1:12 AM, woundedknees said:

let alone, 25 minutes to the west!

Oh, it used to be 25 minutes.  Now it takes an hour to drive five miles in West LA alone.  

Traffic is awfully horrible down there.

That's why the weasel invented heli-crootin'!

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47liapl9al379rfrwtp08

Seen this to many times before. Stars matter more on Hollywood Blvd and Trojan resumes. Anyone coming in there better understand that appearance is just as importance as substance.  If you can’t be a field general AND an acting promoter, you’ll fail.

Oh... And I guess Campbell doesn't need to get used to a new color scheme I just realized that USC and Iowa State basically wear the same uniforms.