Charles Fischer

Be Honest....Was that Offense on Saturday ENTERTAINING to YOU?

My friends, you know how harsh a critic I've been of Mario with the most recent "critical" article just this last Saturday.  But was the offense scoring 38, and the way they did it fun for you?

I will be honest; it was for me!

It does not have to be like the old offense, but if I see a lot of scoring, with explosion plays on the ground and in the air as we did against Oregon State...I have NO problems at all.  Do you?

This is directed at those like I who have been pretty tough on Cristobal about the offense, but I must say that part of it is...some of the same-type plays are simply working better now because of experience and timing between the offensive linemen and the running backs.  But I will say that the variety of plays keeps the defense guessing, is not predictable to us and is much more fun to watch....agree or disagree?

In today's analysis I point out that I believe the same rate of pounding the "A" gaps is occurring, but with much greater success due to some changes they've made (in the analysis) and due to the experience factor referred to.  People don't mind an "A" gap plunge if we make eight yards or 15 yards; it is when we make two yards over-and-over out of the Pistol that brings about the booing.

So...was that satisfactory to YOU on Saturday?  (This is about the offense only)

Dye from Corvallis Paper.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Outside of the tOSU game it was the best game of the season for me. 

• Thumbs Up 3

A lot of the entertaining part of it was, that while it wasn't the up tempo Kelly style offense, it also wasn't monotonous, plodding and predictable. There was a rhythm and a flow, the next play wasn't obvious. 

• Thumbs Up 5

I will let you know Friday!

To answer directly it was, but the proof is doing it in consecutive games. Part of the fun is fooling the other team, and keeping them guessing. We need to keep that creativity. 

I want Oregon to, again, be the program you might know what they are going to do, but you can't stop them, execution. We also need to be that program where nobody has the answer to the question of Oregon Football.

5vzv8e.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I’m not sure I would call milking the clock 3/4 of the game entertaining. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/29/2021 at 6:55 PM, Just Ducky said:

Agreed. Winning games is ultimately what matters, but the quicksand pace of this offense is anything but fun to watch. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/29/2021 at 3:55 PM, Just Ducky said:

More like half of the game.  But yeah, I wish we had stayed in the beat-down mode in 2nd half.   But I guess the Rodents do have a good coach, stupid 2-pt tries aside.

I was happy to see good AB showing up.   The problem is it increased the chance of us getting another bad AB this Friday.   Oh well, can't have them all.  AB is what AB is.

The first half was very entertaining.

I just wish for once the Ducks would keep the pedal down the whole game.

I may, or may not have, fallen asleep a few times during the second half.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yes. They scored 28 points against the Beavs and they needed it because the defense gave up 4 TD’s in the 2nd half. 

The Ducks have had poor 3rd qtrs all year. 

Fresno St=0

tOSU=14

St Brook=14

AZ=0

Stanford=10

Cal=0

UCLA=13

CO=14

WA=7

UT=7

Ost=0

4 blanks and two 7 pointers. Something that needs addressed IMO.

Edited by GODUCKS15
  • Thumbs Up 2

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed that we seem to get a big lead and our players think the game is over (and act like it) when there's still a lot of time left.

I believe it's mental. A let down always follows. Again this seems to be what young teams do.

• Thumbs Up 1

!st half awesome,2nd half mediocre.