Jon Joseph

2022 OUT-OF-CONFERENCE SCHEDULE IS SIMPLY BRUTAL (AND PLAYOFF FUTILE?)

No. 1 Georgia is -6.5 vs No. 3 Alabama in Atlanta on Saturday. That's the largest point spread against Bama since Saban turned the program around. Georgia's 45-0 rout of Georgia Tech was the Dawgs 3rd shutout of the season. Georgia has held its opponents to single digits in 8 of 12 games. Nationally, Georgia ranks 1st in Total Defense and 1st in Scoring Defense. But its not just about the D. Georgia is in the top 10 in points scored. BTW, Georgia is more than likely to sign 2022's best recruiting class.

The Ducks open the 2022 season in Atlanta vs Georgia. From what we have seen to date, this game will likely be the 1st start for the 2022 Oregon QB? I do not expect to see anyone but Brown starting in the Rose Bowl. (I am projecting Oregon, with a big roster advantage, to win Friday night and play in the Rose Bowl.) 

The 2nd game in 2022 is versus an FCS team in Autzen. But the FCS team is E. Washington. EWU is far, far from being a cupcake opponent. Why not give the check to Portland State?

The 3rd game in 2022? In Autzen versus currently ranked No. 12, BYU. A team that went 5-0 versus the Pac-12 in 2021. In 2022, BYU will be a member of the B12. Thus, the Ducks will play 2 preseason top 25, P5 opponents OOC.  And in 2022, it's Oregon's turn to play 5 conference road games. 

If Mario heads to Miami, I'm not sure that I could blame him?

• Thumbs Up 1

Ouch. Guess we'll see if Iron sharpens Iron or is it steel never can remember. Guess I'm just a greybeard as Charlie like to say. 

Ducks just can't win. (Pun intended)

On 12/2/2021 at 10:05 AM, Jon Joseph said:

No. 1 Georgia is -6.5 vs No. 3 Alabama in Atlanta on Saturday. That's the largest point spread against Bama since Saban turned the program around. Georgia's 45-0 rout of Georgia Tech was the Dawgs 3rd shutout of the season. Georgia has held its opponents to single digits in 8 of 12 games. Nationally, Georgia ranks 1st in Total Defense and 1st in Scoring Defense. But its not just about the D. Georgia is in the top 10 in points scored. BTW, Georgia is more than likely to sign 2022's best recruiting class.

The Ducks open the 2022 season in Atlanta vs Georgia. From what we have seen to date, this game will likely be the 1st start for the 2022 Oregon QB? I do not expect to see anyone but Brown starting in the Rose Bowl. (I am projecting Oregon, with a big roster advantage, to win Friday night and play in the Rose Bowl.) 

The 2nd game in 2022 is versus an FCS team in Autzen. But the FCS team is E. Washington. EWU is far, far from being a cupcake opponent. Why not give the check to Portland State?

The 3rd game in 2022? In Autzen versus currently ranked No. 12, BYU. A team that went 5-0 versus the Pac-12 in 2021. In 2022, BYU will be a member of the B12. Thus, the Ducks will play 2 preseason top 25, P5 opponents OOC.  And in 2022, it's Oregon's turn to play 5 conference road games. 

We felt the same way this year, but you are correct. Head to head apparently is meaningless. I expect future schedules to reflect this change.

The upside is that this type of schedule is a selling point to blue-chip recruits.

And MC isn't going anywhere just yet.

Sorry I just can't agree with all of your thoughts. When I was that age the only thing on my mind was sun, girls and more girls. Oh yeah I would add money and fame too. 

We all forget most of these games are scheduled 5-10 years in advance.  The game vs BYU was scheduled in 2015.  BYU went 8-5 in 2014, 9-4 in 2015 and 9-4 in 2016.  They played 3 top 25 teams at the time of the game during those 3 seasons and went 1-2.

According to the Ducks depth chart today(12/2/21), they will only be losing 2 seniors.  Anthony Brown and George Moore.  KT is obviously gone and then possibly Verone McKinley and Mykael Wright.  Everybody else is not good enough to go to the NFL.  I would say the Ducks will have a heap more starters coming back than UGA.

Georgia is losing 3 SRs on O with a couple of JR's slated to leave early.  8 SRs on D.  They are loaded and I don't really expect a win in Atlanta, but Georgia is going to be a completely different team next year. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm digging it.

Ten months to elevate the program to elite status...

Nothing like starting that journey tomorrow!!!

I'll take the job if he leaves LMAO

• Thumbs Up 1

hopefully Georgia loses most of this years D to NFL. they will also have a freshman QB next year. I mean yes it is Georgia lol, but at least its at a neutral field 🤣

BYU. A team that went 5-0 versus the Pac-12 in 2021.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

We still gotta go 3 hrs back East.  Sure would like some of these games out west at a neutral site.

On 12/2/2021 at 7:39 PM, Duck 1972 said:

We still gotta go 3 hrs back East.  Sure would like some of these games out west at a neutral site.

I think now that SoFi and Allegiant have been built they’re planning on having some of those big pre-season match-ups out West. I wouldn’t count on a SEC coming out, though. Especially, after LSU came out and lost this year.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/2/2021 at 3:00 PM, timmy35 said:

hopefully Georgia loses most of this years D to NFL. they will also have a freshman QB next year. I mean yes it is Georgia lol, but at least its at a neutral field 🤣

Neutral? Athens to Atlanta is a less than an hour drive. And UGA has played in this stadium many times before and will be playing Bama there on Saturday. UGA has lots of this D coming back and many 4* and 5* waiting to step up.