30Duck

Canzano: "Last Night Leaves Questions"

Canzano is a big Mario fan, and wants him to stay. So, Canzano's questions have to do with whether he goes or stays.

He's not talking about the questions that circle around Mario's abilities, questions that IMO are valid.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 10:42 AM, jrw said:

questions that IMO are valid.

And that we have been asking here for weeks.

• Thumbs Up 2

How many Ducks not named Sewell balled out for the entire game? 10 or 12?  Just asking the forum.  

I don't recall seeing a lot of “playing with hair on fire” or “leaving it on the field.”

• Thumbs Up 3

Couldn’t believe how many times KT ran himself out of plays and most of those plays turned into big plays for the Utes. Didn’t see Utah making those kind of mistakes. KT was trying to win that game all by himself. Didn’t work out so well.

On 12/4/2021 at 11:37 AM, Just Ducky said:

Couldn’t believe how many times KT ran himself out of plays and most of those plays turned into big plays for the Utes. Didn’t see Utah making those kind of mistakes. KT was trying to win that game all by himself. Didn’t work out so well.

KT was playing hero ball, rather than assignment ball.

Coach sent me in to replace a starting linebacker in a high school game where the opponent was getting the edge freely resulting in long scoring runs.  I had barely practiced in D, but was a solid assignment receiver.

Coach gave me D player of the game after a come from behind win.  I had two tackles, but kept outside contain mostly by taking two steps and standing my ground.

Winning requires role players that want to win more than the other guys.  Utah is a great example.

• Thumbs Up 5

I've never seen two terrible Duck performances against another team that were more alike than what we saw last night. It was the kind of deja vu that defies logic. Water boarding would have been more pleasant. Utah's game plan was exactly the same, and Oregon's inability to respond was also exactly the same. The poor officiating didn't help matters.

Something was up with the Ducks last night. There was definite evidence of distractions, and there is much that we know along those lines. Oregon had a short week to prepare which meant a break from the normal preparation routine. Moorhead is leaving, which meant offensive players are concerned about the changes ahead. Cristobal takes off for Florida giving him at least one less day to prepare his team, plus his mind is distracted with worries about his mother's health.

Finally, Miami has been in touch with Mario. He is considering his options. If his option is to stay, then it's less of a distraction. If he is seriously considering leaving then the distraction is HUGE to the point of debilitating. He must figure out all of the details to make his departure "graceful", as well as figure out the logistics of moving his family and starting a new and challenging job.

I was at the Oregon State game and it was, for the most part, masterfully coached and played. The game last night, 6 days later,  was a completely different Duck team. Something was definitely up.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Last night was a disaster but so was two weeks ago. Different circumstances same outcome. I'm not really sure if distractions were the main

reason the Ducks got blowout last night. Maybe it was just the fact that UT is a better team right now. I would give it 70% better-30% distraction.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/4/2021 at 12:08 PM, latracey said:

The game last night, 6 days later, was a completely different Duck team. Something was definitely up.

Except as you noted at the top of your post, the L's to Utah looked the same, and the first one didn't have the distractions around it that the second one had. Something definitely is up. I hope it's Mario's time as Oregon's Coach. 

On 12/4/2021 at 12:08 PM, latracey said:

I've never seen two terrible Duck performances against another team that were more alike than what we saw last night. It was the kind of deja vu that defies logic. Water boarding would have been more pleasant. Utah's game plan was exactly the same, and Oregon's inability to respond was also exactly the same. The poor officiating didn't help matters.

Something was up with the Ducks last night. There was definite evidence of distractions, and there is much that we know along those lines. Oregon had a short week to prepare which meant a break from the normal preparation routine. Moorhead is leaving, which meant offensive players are concerned about the changes ahead. Cristobal takes off for Florida giving him at least one less day to prepare his team, plus his mind is distracted with worries about his mother's health.

Finally, Miami has been in touch with Mario. He is considering his options. If his option is to stay, then it's less of a distraction. If he is seriously considering leaving then the distraction is HUGE to the point of debilitating. He must figure out all of the details to make his departure "graceful", as well as figure out the logistics of moving his family and starting a new and challenging job.

I was at the Oregon State game and it was, for the most part, masterfully coached and played. The game last night, 6 days later,  was a completely different Duck team. Something was definitely up.

Quarterback play, that was the difference between the OSU game and last night’s debacle. Brown had his best game of the season against the Beavers, and by far his worst game last night, a 7.7 QB rating! When you can’t sustain anything offensively, the defense gets no rest and will eventually wear down, and that is was happened.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@DUCKED i totally agree. when the D hands the O a short field and the O comes away w zilch, that is demoralizing for the D 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/4/2021 at 3:19 PM, GODUCKS15 said:

Last night was a disaster but so was two weeks ago. Different circumstances same outcome. I'm not really sure if distractions were the main

reason the Ducks got blowout last night. Maybe it was just the fact that UT is a better team right now. I would give it 70% better-30% distraction.

The reason? The same coaching staff that ran the same 'stuff' vs Utah twice in 3 weeks and a team not motivated or ready to play. In other words, same old, same old. Mario is NOT going to 'grow' as a HC.  Guys a year older under Mario will run an antiquated O no better than the Ducks players we saw last night.

Mullens extends him, gives him a raise and bigger buyout, then both HC and AD should go.

• Thanks 1

I think MC is out the door. His agent is using the Ducks to boost his Miami contract. Its just a matter of time.

Note to Mullens--NO MORE coaches from Fla.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/4/2021 at 12:36 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

I think MC is out the door. His agent is using the Ducks to boost his Miami contract. Its just a matter of time.

Note to Mullens--NO MORE coaches from Fla.

His agent would be less than great if he didn't create a bidding war for the services of his client.

Lots of money on both sides.

My father,  rest his amazing soul, was a national union president. His negotiation skills and timing were exceptional. He organized a pay increase strike, for labor, that lasted from lunch to dinner. All on a very special day, Christmas Eve. The wealthy newspaper owner called him just as we sat down to eat Christmad Eve dinner. My Dad said he would be over after he finished dinner with the family.

Dad told Mom he would be back within the hour. He left, she cried because some previous negotiations had lasted days. 45 minutes later Dad was back. The strike was over and he had to get to work (swing shift)

Mom asked how did this happen so fast. Dad replied that the owner, William, asked him one question, what can we do to get this resolved? Dad said, well let me ask you one question? After you answer that question we can get started.

The question Dad asked: Tell me Bill, we have known each other 25 years now, do you want to be the first in your family to not print a Sunday Christmas Day edition newspaper since 1890?

At that moment the union got its pay raise and the 4th generation newspaper owner printed his coveted Christmas morning paper published.. Youngsters may not understand but that used to be the biggest, advertised edition of the year.

Timing....let the negotiations begin.. Mario and his agent are poised and timed between 2 sets of wealthy boosters.

At this moment it is good for Mario to be a Duck. Generational wealth awaits.

• Thumbs Up 5

On 12/4/2021 at 11:49 AM, Duck1984 said:

KT was playing hero ball, rather than assignment ball.

Coach sent me in to replace a starting linebacker in a high school game where the opponent was getting the edge freely resulting in long scoring runs.  I had barely practiced in D, but was a solid assignment receiver.

Coach gave me D player of the game after a come from behind win.  I had two tackles, but kept outside contain mostly by taking two steps and standing my ground.

Winning requires role players that want to win more than the other guys.  Utah is a great example.

Agree with some of what you say but KT was not controlling the edge. He was doing the opposite and the guys blocking him made the Ducks pay. 

On 12/4/2021 at 2:30 PM, Just Ducky said:

Agree with some of what you say but KT was not controlling the edge. He was doing the opposite and the guys blocking him made the Ducks pay. 

We agree that KT was not playing his assignment.  He appeared to be playing for stats, specifically sacks, and got a sack plus a few tackles.  Not what the team needed to win, in my opinion.

On 12/4/2021 at 1:49 PM, HappyToBeADuck said:

His agent would be less than great if he didn't create a bidding war for the services of his client.

Lots of money on both sides.

My father,  rest his amazing soul, was a national union president. His negotiation skills and timing were exceptional. He organized a pay increase strike, for labor, that lasted from lunch to dinner. All on a very special day, Christmas Eve. The wealthy newspaper owner called him just as we sat down to eat Christmad Eve dinner. My Dad said he would be over after he finished dinner with the family.

Dad told Mom he would be back within the hour. He left, she cried because some previous negotiations had lasted days. 45 minutes later Dad was back. The strike was over and he had to get to work (swing shift)

Mom asked how did this happen so fast. Dad replied that the owner, William, asked him one question, what can we do to get this resolved? Dad said, well let me ask you one question? After you answer that question we can get started.

The question Dad asked: Tell me Bill, we have known each other 25 years now, do you want to be the first in your family to not print a Sunday Christmas Day edition newspaper since 1890?

At that moment the union got its pay raise and the 4th generation newspaper owner printed his coveted Christmas morning paper published.. Youngsters may not understand but that used to be the biggest, advertised edition of the year.

Timing....let the negotiations begin.. Mario and his agent are poised and timed between 2 sets of wealthy boosters.

At this moment it is good for Mario to be a Duck. Generational wealth awaits.

What a great story. Sounds like you're dad was quite a guy. Thanks for sharing. 

On 12/4/2021 at 5:34 PM, OregonRich said:

What a great story. Sounds like you're dad was quite a guy. Thanks for sharing. 

Thanks Oregon Rich. He was "quite a guy. He led and taught by example. However, he allowed us to grow by our own choices. Good or bad they were our choices, our results.

MC could learn alot from that principle.  Lead by example and let your coaches grow.

• Thumbs Up 2