Warrenton

Sorry, but I Just Got Back from Vegas

And I'm really unhappy with the game. I know I'm new here but decided I need to a place to vent a little with how frustrated I am. I'm not going to pay for a subscription to the Oregonian so I really appreciate this site.

I refuse to believe that Utah is a much better team if at all. Utah didn't even join the PAC until a few years ago and are barely beyond a lowly Mountain West team.

Let's be honest. The reason we lost these games were all of the injuries and the MC side show with him talking to other programs. We're probably the most injured program in the PAC. And what player in their right mind would play hard for a coach getting ready to leave? Last, the PAC-12 refs are a serious problem. The Utah QB did not get a first down on that opening drive on 4th and 1. I was right there. Also, Utah's players were holding all night long and not getting called. The flow of the game would've been much different if the refs were calling it both ways.

Finally, if MC really is talking to other programs that says he doesn't want to coach the Ducks. Get him up out of here. He doesn't deserve to coach Oregon with the financial support we have and the talent we have. I was beginning to wonder with that first "loss" to Utah in fact what this guy is doing. How do you kick the ball to a good punt returner at mid field with time left at the end of the half? How do you not coach your QB to throw the ball out of bounds at the end of the half and to launch a jump ball? Our boys are not coached up. We need a change. Let's fire MC before he quits, which will make the job look not as great as it is.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just yank his extension tonight and Miami will have to buy him out

• Thumbs Up 3

One consistent comment about MC week in and week out is his abilities to actually coach. Especially on Saturdays. He is a great recruiter for sure. Oregon got talent they never had before.  I think many Duck fans fell in love with MC for that reason. But the truth is that he has never shown a high level of game time coaching ability.  His first executive decision in a game was to call time out before the first snap of his first game. All because the opponent wasn't ready. He never really improved from there.

Guest Axel

I wish Coach Mario all the success that Coach Willie enjoyed after leaving Oregon. 

Slick Mario.

If MC ever comes back to Autzen let's boo his butt like Tennessee still does Lane Kiffen.

I went to the Ducks game @ the Volunteers some years ago and Tenn fans were still so pissed about Lane Kiffen. MC done us a lot dirtier than Kiffen did anyone.

On 12/5/2021 at 3:33 PM, Warrenton said:

If MC ever comes back to Autzen let's boo his butt like Tennessee still does Lane Kiffen.

I went to the Ducks game @ the Volunteers some years ago and Tenn fans were still so pissed about Lane Kiffen. MC done us a lot dirtier than Kiffen did anyone.

I think that is harsh.  If he came out and said “Covid made me realize that I need to be close to my mother and I will take Miami’s gads of money to coach there” I wouldn’t have a problem.  But there has been too much drama in the last season and it really soured me on him

On 12/5/2021 at 4:44 PM, Pocketchange said:

I think that is harsh.  If he came out and said “Covid made me realize that I need to be close to my mother and I will take Miami’s gads of money to coach there” I wouldn’t have a problem.  But there has been too much drama in the last season and it really soured me on him

I'm not happy how poorly he guided the team here at the end and then he just ups and leaves for a "greener" pasture and more money all the while preaching "loyalty" to the players. Oregon has the talent we shouldn't be stuck in the Alamo Toilet Bowl. This is on the coaches and the injuries didn't help.

Edited by Warrenton

No way. I'd boo at Chip before I would Mario. Chip left Oregon with a sanction and was banned from CFB.

I would not boo at Chip, just giving some perspective. 

I am pretty angry about the prevent offense and have been for awhile now.  Before yesterday my dream was for MC to fix the offense and stay.  

MC is probably leaving more due wanting to be by family during a pandemic than the 8 million.  He could have gotten that here.  I can’t blame him for that.  I also can’t blame him for not having his head in the game during Utah when his mom was sick and his OC was leaving.  

what I am upset is how he is leaving the Oregon team and the destruction of the Oregon offense.

Warrenton and Axel....I am so far behind in greeting new members of the OBD forum, but I wanted to encourage you to post often and WELCOME!

Mr. FishDuck

Mario won a Rose Bowl, so I would treat him as someone who brought prestige to the football program if he was to make a visit to Autzen. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/5/2021 at 5:03 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Warrenton and Axel....I am so far behind in greeting new members of the OBD forum, but I wanted to encourage you to post often and WELCOME!

Thanks!

Dirty secret about Mario ... He's not a good coach. We saw how he closed out both the halves vs. Utah. That's inexcusable and head coaches across the land are still laughing about our coaching there.

When it comes to recruiting, anyone can recruit to Oregon with our resources and facilities. Let's put that to rest. It's not so much recruiting it's selecting players.

On 12/5/2021 at 7:14 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Mario won a Rose Bowl, so I would treat him as someone who brought prestige to the football program if he was to make a visit to Autzen. 

With the NFL rookie of the year at QB and by 1 point over a 3 loss team.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2021 at 3:50 PM, Warrenton said:

Oregon has the talent we shouldn't be stuck in the Alamo Toilet Bowl.

This a little unfair.  The Pac12 bowl options really fall off after the Rose because most of the other premier bowls are tied with east coast and midwest conferences.  In this and other ways (e.g., time zone) the P12 has always been at a bit of a disadvantage.

• Thanks 1

On 12/5/2021 at 7:27 PM, Jon Joseph said:

With the NFL rookie of the year at QB and by 1 point over a 3 loss team.

It was still a win and that trophy is sitting in Eugene.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/5/2021 at 4:23 PM, Warrenton said:

When it comes to recruiting, anyone can recruit to Oregon with our resources and facilities. Let's put that to rest. It's not so much recruiting it's selecting players.

Pretty sure this has been disproved.  Was it Scott Frost that said it was too hard to recruit to Oregon?

Kelly and Helfrich thought this approach was right, but were proved wrong by Taggert and Cristobal.  

Recruiting is hard work, and more offers to top recruits results in higher recruiting rankings than being selective with offers.

Guest Axel
On 12/5/2021 at 4:03 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Thank you, Mr. FishDuck. That is very gracious of you. The civility on this board is refreshing.