Guest KingT

Did Mycah know something?

Guest KingT

You guys might recall Pittman took some shots at coaching on the way out. Did he see or sense something was up with the staff? Clearly the Coaches were one foot out the door in the last month of the Season.

I had that same feeling especially when his father said the his son was lied to.

I don't know. He took shots at the coaches for not throwing the ball..........the same way all of us did. But perhaps there was more to it.

• Thumbs Up 3

It wasn't just Mycah, it was Williams, then Hutson, they all took shots about the passing game and the bad throws, the frustration was starting to boil over between QB and Receivers. Even when they let AB throw, he was not consistent game to game, he played well at OSU, then Horrible in game 2 with Utah. I don't think it had anything to do with coaches leaving, I think it was more focused on some of the stubbornness of coaches with the QB situation. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/8/2021 at 8:27 AM, criticalduck said:

...his father said the his son was lied to.

I suspect it had more to do with Mario selling him on lots of passes coming his son's way. Probably the same sales message he used on the all the receiver recruits.

I really doubt he told them they'd spend most of their time blocking and running around as decoys. You know, the truth. 

• Thumbs Up 1

All he knew is he wasn't getting the rock, but maybe a little more.

Devon Williams was AB's roommate and was visibly frustrated with the passing.

My hope is the real frustration was they knew the answer was on the bench. Mario wasn't looking for the answer to our passing issues, good luck with that Miami! 

• Thumbs Up 2

Mycah knew/knows something. He wouldn't have known MC was bailing. That's too far above his pay grade.

What did he know? He was rarely targeted with a thrown ball. Often passes were ill- timed or off the mark. The offense was ineffective without a passing game. His role was all exercise and risk without corresponding rewards. The coaches were stubborn and resisting change.

All of the WR. TE's, and RB's must have known the same. The fans saw it from miles away.

Mycah went away. That's in the past. The future is new and bright. Go Ducks. Go QB's and receivers. You have uffered enough.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/8/2021 at 8:45 AM, OregonRich said:

I suspect it had more to do with Mario selling him on lots of passes coming his son's way. Probably the same sales message he used on the all the receiver recruits.

I really doubt he told them they'd spend most of their time blocking and running around as decoys. You know, the truth. 

Is this not the back story of why Shough Left.  AB's private instructor mentioned to Mario about other choices or what ever.  Seems like a tune we heard before.  With parents involved, too?  I was not a fan of Mycah doing what he did.  I do realize his age and the thinking they go through this day and age.  Me thinks there will be talk about digging a hole too deep and he needed a new place for a not so deep hole.  Hope it is not true.