The Kamikaze Kid

Quick Overview of Lannings Georgia D

Here’s a quick overview of just how amazing the UGA defense was this year.

Points allowed SEC: 66 in eight games. Next best is 171 by AnM

Points allowed total: 83 in 12 games. Next best is 191 by AnM

Points allowed per game SEC: 13 South Carolina, 0 Vanderbilt, 0 Arkansas, 10 Auburn, 13 Kentucky, 7 Florida, 6 Missouri, 17 Tennessee

Also only gave up 3 to Clemson.

That’s no soft schedule. UGA’s defense ranks at the top or in the top 5 in the country in almost every significant statistical category including total yards per game as well both run and passing yards.

Lanning has been the UGA defensive coordinator since 2018 so that entire defensive squad are his guys. He seems like the real deal. If this hire happens, it could be an epic event.

On 12/10/2021 at 8:20 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

Points allowed per game SEC: 13 South Carolina, 0 Vanderbilt, 0 Arkansas, 10 Auburn, 13 Kentucky, 7 Florida, 6 Missouri, 17 Tennessee

That’s no soft schedule. UGA’s defense ranks at the top or in the top 5 in the country in almost every significant statistical category including total yards per game as well both run and passing yards.

Lanning has been the UGA defensive coordinator since 2018 so that entire defensive squad are his guys. He seems like the real deal. If this hire happens, it could be an epic event.

I dont think he can do that at Oregon with our players--just sayin

Per ATC: “Mike Norvell, for whom Lanning worked at Memphis, tried to hire him away to Florida State before last season. And new Texas coach Steve Sarkisian took a shot at acquiring Lanning in January.”

Georgia gave him $1M in raises to stay.

He is in demand.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just did some research, take it for what it’s worth.

Atlanta J Chronical is rated the number one newspaper in Atlanta and is a paper that leans slightly left of center. As far as accuracy they are rated 5 out of a possible high of 6 for researching articles and facts. The number one read article the last few days is the report of Lanning leaving for Oregon. They also said that negotiations were being made as to Lanning coaching thru the CFP before leaving. 

I went to to several different web sites to put this little glob together. So if you can believe anything on the internet the report of Lanning leaving has some merit. No social media was used in this search.

Not sure what it all means but it was interesting digging thru a bit of newspaper history in a town I was only in once, for a beer convention put on by Augie Busch III. What a 3 day party that was. 

Sorry Charles, No Craft Beers. Just Bud and Bud light.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/10/2021 at 8:20 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

While they did have a seemingly tough defense this year, I think it is only fair to include the final SEC game of the year in the stats. Alabama laid 41 on his defense. Heck, that is more than Utah put up against Oregon either time they kicked our butt.

Guest DUCKBILL

I guess this means we are going the revolving door route, if this report is correct. Getting a coach from the Southeast will be another Taggert-Cristabol scenario. They will chase the money and go back home after a short stay (2-4 years) then we will be back where we are now. How do you build a an effective program with little or no stability? YUK !

On 12/10/2021 at 10:09 PM, Buzby said:

While they did have a seemingly tough defense this year, I think it is only fair to include the final SEC game of the year in the stats. Alabama laid 41 on his defense. Heck, that is more than Utah put up against Oregon either time they kicked our butt.

I don't think you can really compare Utah to Alabama... 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/10/2021 at 9:32 PM, Just Ducky said:

Just did some research, take it for what it’s worth.

Atlanta J Chronical is rated the number one newspaper in Atlanta and is a paper that leans slightly left of center. As far as accuracy they are rated 5 out of a possible high of 6 for researching articles and facts.

Thanks for sharing Just Ducky!  I got a brother and a good friend that likes the watered down beer too.  Just no accounting for taste I guess😃

On 12/10/2021 at 9:32 PM, Just Ducky said:

I don't trust any beer I can see through....

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/10/2021 at 10:09 PM, Buzby said:

Add the 41 Bama put up and it comes out to 9.5 points per game. Those numbers are insane. If every team in the Pac would lose to half the teams in the SEC according to some posters, theoretically,  nobody scores.  

• Like 1

Please, give me some of that type of coaching.

Give me a D minded HC. 80% of that Defense would dominate the P12.

Until MC, Oregon offense accidently put 40 plus points on the board....

For multiple years...

• Like 1