1Funduck

Its Done! With Class! CBS Sports Explanation of Lanning/Oregon

"Lanning is widely known as a relentless recruiter with connections all over the country."  "Lanning's mindset is to punch his opponent in the teeth and then kick those teeth in after he gets done."

Oregon hires Dan Lanning: Ducks Embrace Defensive Mindset in Tapping Georgia Assistant as Next Coach By Barrett Sallee of CBS Sports

dan-lanning.jpg

• Thanks 1

I hope he is the Man. Barrett Sallee, who went to Auburn, is one heck of a writer and not one to spew rumors.

I say Spot On!

Edited by Steven A
typo

Great hire and I'm ecstatic he will be able to remain with his team for the remainder of the season.  Oregon sets a high standard for ethics and integrity.  I think that will resonate with recruits parents.  Well done Mr. Mullens, and welcome Coach Lanning.

• Thumbs Up 4

Good, bad or indifferent we are all going to find out. Can't wait......

Lanning comes from a line of head coaches who let their coaches do their job. That's a step up.

The talent on this team, the talent from the recruits and portal lend to continued on field success.

Great leadership from coaches can tie it all together.

GO DUCKS........

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/11/2021 at 3:29 PM, McDuck said:

Great hire and I'm ecstatic he will be able to remain with his team for the remainder of the season.  Oregon sets a high standard for ethics and integrity

Yes, and now, Go Georgia, Win the Championship!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

So I'm guessing giving receivers a fifteen yard cushion on 3rd and twelve won't be a thing anymore.

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 2

This is the line that had me salivating at his recruiting prospects: "He is credited as being the primary recruiter for Georgia star linebacker and former No. 1 overall prospect Nakobe Dean, Nolan Smith and five-star quarterback Brock Vandagriff." 

• Thumbs Up 1

Trivia, the 35th Oregon football coach is 35 years old.  That must be some type of omen, right?

• Haha 1

Good pick should be a good fit in Eugene ,and no shortage of $upport from boosters Murphy ,Pap’e , Knight. Go Ducks. GO FIGHT WIN !!!

Dude is going from making something like $375k per year in 2018, to making millions per year now. 

Nice financial trajectory. 

Edited by Desert Duck