Jon Joseph

ALAMO BOWL DROP OUTS TO DATE

Oregon - KT

Oklahoma - D starters: DL Isaiah Thomas; outside LB, Nik Bonitto; LB Brian Asamoah

QB Spencer Rattler and TE Austin Stogner - both have signed with South Carolina

• Thumbs Up 1

Ouch!!

Oregon - DJ James?  I'm showing him in the portal.

Edited by geoquack

Not a fan of DJ James, but is DJ Johnson going to play, my favorite.

Love DJ Johnson, he has the talent and heart to make or break a team. We should clone this guy!

• Thumbs Up 3

On 12/15/2021 at 12:41 PM, Haywarduck said:

Love DJ Johnson, he has the talent and heart to make or break a team. We should clone this guy!

Bounced from defense to offense to help the team due to injuries.  Was great as a Tight End and blocking TE.  Then moving back to DL and did wonders there also.  Need to get this young man involved, Oregon owes him that, on top of that a team guy.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/15/2021 at 3:27 PM, geoquack said:

Oregon - DJ James?  I'm showing him in the portal.

I don't know his status?

DJ James is in the portal. I don't think he has landed anywhere yet. 

On 12/15/2021 at 4:16 PM, David Marsh said:

DJ James is in the portal. I don't think he has landed anywhere yet. 

Thanks DM. The 3 OK D guys drop outs are arguably the 3 best players on the Sooners D. The name Bob Stoops does not resonate with kids today.

On 12/15/2021 at 2:41 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Oregon - KT

Oklahoma - D starters: DL Isaiah Thomas; outside LB, Nik Bonitto; LB Brian Asamoah

QB Spencer Rattler and TE Austin Stogner - both have signed with South Carolina

The 'experts' at The Athletic favor Oklahoma 12 voters to zip.

I do too. There hasn't been enough time to make the corrections necessary for us to properly challenge OK.

I still love and root for my Ducks and like always "GO DUCKS!!!"

Edited by SoCalDuck

On 12/15/2021 at 1:27 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Do they know that Morehead broke free of his shackles?  

On 12/15/2021 at 1:27 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Well... I don't know who I even favor. In truth I'm not even that interested in this bowl game. 

The only thing I am finding remotely interested in is what does the Oregon offense look like with out Cristobal... does it look the same or do we see something with some significant tweaks? 

I don't think we see anything too different from the regular season because there isn't a ton of practice time between now and the game so it will only be small things they install. But still... will it look different? 

I do think we are going to see a whole lot of players from both team not giving two craps about the game though. It is going to be a boring game. 

On 12/15/2021 at 2:04 PM, Duck1984 said:

Do they know that Morehead broke free of his shackles?  

Not convinced that will make enuf diff, if he still relies on AB and AB is still the only QB fully grasping his schemes.   Relieved somewhat that both will be gone next season.

Hoping to see Thompson (or whomever else is #2) get some reps at QB.  This is a glorified exhibition game at this point.

Still glad the staff is hanging around to coach one more game for the players, they deserve it.

On 12/15/2021 at 2:19 PM, David Marsh said:

I don't think we see anything too different from the regular season because there isn't a ton of practice time between now and the game so it will only be small things they install. But still... will it look different?

You may be right David.  

I will watch how athletes play without the fear of being graded poorly for instinctual effort rather than correct hand placement on a block.  

I am also looking forward to aggressive game plans and coaching.  Haven’t see those from the Duck staff for a few years.

The Ducks need to play Thompson, Ashford, Butterfield, Cardwell, McGee and other under-utilized players who will be keys in 2022. Start the future now!

• Thumbs Up 4

This is a chance for Moorhead to give light to the hidden talents of Oregon.  For the Interim Coach to show case his talents and the talents of any others still on the Oregon payroll looking for a job.  I hope that Salave'a, has a chance to stick as DL coach, Co-Defensive Coord.  That the CB coach Chance, WR Interim HC McClendon and Feld are retained.  Feld can not be blamed for injuries, unless it occurs in strength and conditioning.  His job is to safely build up muscles and flexibility through a controlled process of weights and stretching.

Athletes need to have film of themselves in action for the new coaches to evaluate the talent in the cupboard.  Were the fits are as staff is assembled, to scheme for the talent on the roster, not what was not seen and that is alot!  I am hoping that the DC sees a better fit for the talent on defensive backs and safetys.  DeRuyter or Cristobal messed that all up with weak DB and Safety play, always a shovel holder there, when LB or Strong Safety needed in the middle Bassa as the Rover, like Eddie Pleasant, Terrance Mitchell, Derrick Malone Jr

On 12/15/2021 at 5:38 PM, noDucknewby said:

Hoping to see Thompson (or whomever else is #2) get some reps at QB.  This is a glorified exhibition game at this point.

Still glad the staff is hanging around to coach one more game for the players, they deserve it.

Hoping to see Kedon Slovis?

On 12/15/2021 at 4:04 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Hoping to see Kedon Slovis?

I guess Caleb Williams really wants to play in the Alamo Bowl because I can't understand why he's still at OK. It seems a natural that he'd follow Riley. Slovis would look in green, or yellow, or grey, or egg shell...

On 12/15/2021 at 7:18 PM, 30Duck said:

I guess Caleb Williams really wants to play in the Alamo Bowl because I can't understand why he's still at OK. It seems a natural that he'd follow Riley. Slovis would look in green, or yellow, or grey, or egg shell...

He's a Heisman winner in waiting. If he goes anywhere else I guess it would be to USC?

On 12/15/2021 at 5:10 PM, Jon Joseph said:

He's a Heisman winner in waiting

No doubt, makes me wonder even more why he's still at OK. No college QB can run like he does, fe can make every throw. That clown, McShade, McSham will be able to see it next year. 

On 12/15/2021 at 2:19 PM, David Marsh said:

Well... I don't know who I even favor. In truth I'm not even that interested in this bowl game. 

The only thing I am finding remotely interested in is what does the Oregon offense look like with out Cristobal... does it look the same or do we see something with some significant tweaks? 

I do think we are going to see a whole lot of players from both team not giving two craps about the game though. It is going to be a boring game. 

DM - I have the same ambivalence about this game as you do. If AB starts at QB I'll tape the game and watch it on fast forward after the fact. 

Players opting out and I support their right to opt out, is a sign of the status of the bowl. The Alamo Bowl is a consolation prize and a silly place to send the Pac-12 runner-up to play a bowl game. 

Not that it will ipso facto help the Pac-12 but let's get to a 12 team playoff ASAP.

FYI - QB Dillon Gabriel has transferred to UCLA. When on and when healthy, this guy can light it up. Joins QB Penix who transferred from Indiana to UW.

NOT playing in the Peach Bowl : Michigan State - Doak Walker winner RB Kenneth Walker. Pitt - Heisman Trophy finalist QB Kenny Pickett. Yeah, it's an NY6 Bowl but it is still an exhibition game. 

I do believe we will see Ohio State players drop out of the Rose Bowl?