Charles Fischer

2022 Football Schedule Announced!

Good for them to strike while the iron is hot!  Thoughts?

2022 Football Schedule.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

That first game of the season is going to be brutal.  As if it wasn't tough enough playing Georgia...but integrating brand new offensive and defensive philosophies as well as a slew of new coaches at the same time?  Ouch.

Not trying to be pessimistic, just realistic 🙂  The timing for next season's pre-conference schedule is just awful for a regime change...

The last three games can be brutal... but at least it is a home run at the end with the only away of those last three being Oregon State which isn't a huge journey. Granted... playing OSU at OSU is going to be a lot more difficult. 

On 12/16/2021 at 1:17 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Good for them to strike while the iron is hot!  Thoughts?

2022 Football Schedule.jpg

Beyond brutal! Opening game on the road "at" Georgia, ranked No. 3. in the nation as of today. Possibly opening against the defending national champion?

E WA is far from a cupcake. Why not hand a check to Portland State? And why not play this game week zero prior to playing Georgia?

In addition to playing "at" Georgia OOC, the Ducks face a BYU team that went 5-0 vs the Pac-12 in 2021. A team that is currently ranked No. 13 in the country. Add to this 5 conference road games. THIS is senseless Playoff scheduling. 

New coaches. A new QB.  New system on O and D. 

And how long does it take to figure out that playing 9 conference games is STUPID!

I like Oregon's Playoff chances in 2023 but not in 2022. Not with this schedule. I also add, if a school will not give Oregon a H+H series do not schedule said team at a 'neutral' site OOC!

• Thanks 1

That's going to be a rough schedule.... sure wouldn't mind trading with UCLA

Here we go again 9 league games. What a bunch of s**t

• Thumbs Up 1

You just beat me to it my friend.

Bruins out of conference - Bowling Green, Alabama State, South Alabama. 4 and not 5 conference road games. 

We are still in the day and age of a 4 team Playoff. What is Mullens trying to prove?

UCLA will be 3-0 playing no one and will be ranked in the AP top 25. The SOS could come back to haunt UCLA but the Bruins is close to a lock to enter conference play 3-0.

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Thumbs Up 1

Agree with everyone here.  I wouldn't be surprised if we end up 1-2 to open the season, maybe finishing 8-4 if lucky...  Lots of unknown now with this program.

Edited by DuckFan93

On 12/16/2021 at 10:54 AM, deschutesduck said:

That's going to be a rough schedule.... sure wouldn't mind trading with UCLA

Sounds like Chip would make a better AD than Mullens. 

• Haha 1

It's not Mullens fault. These games are scheduled years in advance. At least we're playing BYU at home.

It's the damn league schedule. That is controlled by the commish and his committee was supposed to fix it for 2022.

That's what he said when he was hired anyway.

Not an easy home schedule, but I expect the winning streak at Autzen to continue because, well, it has to!

• Like 1

Fan wise it's a great home game schedule. Record wise it's going to be a down year next year. 

The BYU game is the one I'm going to circle. BYU embarrassed the PAC-12 this year. Oregon needs to win this game and set a tone for the remainder of the season. I can take a loss to Georgia in the opener but losing to BYU would be a big blow. Also, it's on my birthday so I am going to be there! Go Ducks.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 12/16/2021 at 10:57 AM, Duck 1972 said:

Here we go again 9 league games. What a bunch of s**t

All P5 Conference teams should be required to play 9 conference games.  Don't give me another trash game every year.  RESPECT THE GAME!

Edited by geoquack
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/16/2021 at 2:24 PM, Duck 1972 said:

It's not Mullens fault. These games are scheduled years in advance. At least we're playing BYU at home.

It's the damn league schedule. That is controlled by the commish and his committee was supposed to fix it for 2022.

That's what he said when he was hired anyway.

Mullens signed on to a $3M payday 'at' UGA. If you are going to play Georgia play the Dawgs in the Playoff.