Charles Fischer

11 Oregon Ducks Who May Declare for 2022 NFL Draft in the Near Future

I did not think it was this many, and most need another year IMHO.  But I thought that of Mykael Wright and Devon Williams too.

11 Oregon Ducks Who May Declare for 2022 NFL Draft in the Near Future by Zachary Neel of Ducks Wire

USATSI_16730266.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Mr. FishDuck

Steve Stephens IV?  Cam McCormick?  This is not a serious article.

• Thumbs Up 1

Travis Dye has earned his place in the OBD Hall of Fame. He's a player who I'll always be proud to say played at Oregon. But, while his rugged, never say Dye attitude is admirable. I don't see him having any shot at the NFL.

We've all seen him get through the line, nothing but open field ahead of him. He puts into 2nd gear, and is caught in 6 yards. He isn't big enough or fast enough to get a spot on an NFL roster. Am I doing a McSham on Travis?

CJ, had a great game against Ohio State. I believe he'd do well to come back in a new offense, hopefully play a full season and have a better chance in 2023. 

I think a few have hopefully gotten their degrees and move on to finding a career outside of football.  Many of the ones listed, hopefully took advantage of the education and degrees.  Dorlus,  DJ Johnson, Stevens IV and Hill would benefit from another year under a more organized, developmental staff while showing some ambition and leadership growth. 

McCormick has spent the majority of his time at Oregon, recovering from some injury rehabbing trying to see the field.  So different a result from Pharaoh Brown, who's injury was nearly life threatening yet seemed to make it in the pro's.  I hope McCormick, moves on to living a healthy life and gets into coaching others if the football bug is still in him.  Sometimes, it is not the playing of the game that you are destined for but the teaching and developing of others that is your true calling.  Best wishes to all the athletes and their decisions.

S Stephens, Forsyth have already said they were going to come back. McCormick said after the injury he was coming back for more with the Ducks

As far as the others there hasn't been a peep 1 way or another that I've seen.

I hope they have good data presented infront of them.  The only Ducks I see as a 1st, 2nd or 3rd round pick this year is KT and Mckinley.  Wright is a 4th round at best this year.  Much easier said for a guy who doesn't have to make the decision, but if you aren't going to be in the top 3 rounds, going out early seems like a bad move. 

However, maybe next years draft has more guys in your position coming out, so maybe that is the reason for some of the guys to leave when they still have another year. 

I'm good on CJ and Dye.  They are nice RBs, but I'm not scared of the RB position if both leave.

• Thumbs Up 1

Huh!

Unless a guy is an absolute lock in the first 3 rounds of the draft, I would think that the NIL money grab opportunity would help to keep them around for another year or two. 

There's no question that many of these guys will have a much greater opportunity to make bank by staying in college and exploiting the ever-lovin' daylights out of the current Wild-West NIL. 

NIL controls will at some point in the next few years have to be implemented. But for college athletes out there right now, at this moment in time, the fields will likely never be greener. 

Edited by Desert Duck