jimmer

Jason Jones Has Found a New Team

He is now at Auburn. I guess Alabama was full. He will be happy eating mama's home cooking more often.

You cant blame him for wanting to be closer to home.

He quit and that's it so please you people on here saying oh have great career at Auburn are ridiculous at best and we don't need your nicety's here. Give me a break Cristabal leaves and all these guys quit transfer out or leave for the NFL. This is about Oregon not Miami not about the players that just quit on not only the UO they quit on their teammates the fans and themselves. Please stop acting like this is even remotely ok. This reminds me of Blazer fans, they are ok with mediocrity something that the Allen' s have brought to this franchise when they bought them.

The guy came to Oregon to play for Oregon and he made that choice when Mario's staff asked him to come here. Make him pay back his school money. This just pisses me off as this generation is clueless. If people on here don't have any clue as to what it takes to win it all then by all means keep giving us your incite because it doesn't have anything positive to go with it. Does anyone have a clue that with this exspansion has done to Oregon who's still trying to win it's first NATTY? Well it just made it tougher. This young Man is gonna be real good. 

Problem is it wont be for Oregon so this makes you feel all giddy inside that Auburn who I'LL break it down for you so maybe you'll understand. When we lost to Auburn in the NATTY they actually paid for Newton to come play for them which by the way was illegal and they got away with it. Something that if Oregon would have done this we'd of been put in violation of every rule known to mankind and more than likely close to what they did to SMU back in the day. You need to understand that the SEC is the monster in the closet and they have their own set of rules.

If you haven't figured that out by now I can't help you because the MEDIA is out there giving out information that is about as false as anything you could imagine and this is extremely dangerous in so many ways. So excuse me if I don't give him qudo's for not finishing his commitment to Oregon not Mario who's word doesn't mean anything. The guy has no more integrity than slick Willie did. This just makes me so sick of this sport anymore as it just came up to the NFLs level. OPTING out is Free Agency or transferring is FA in a nutshell. Thib's you know has made 7 figures.

His new deals are paying him to play for Oregon yet he doesn't want to play or represent himself as an Oregon Duck and he's getting paid to play for just that Oregon period and he's telling us he doesn't want to represent Oregon in the ALAMO Bowl. I'm not understanding this game anymore at all. The only way this works now is if the Billionaire Knight pays more than everybody else. That's it period and we know that Phil could have paid Mario 20 Million to which we were led to believe otherwise. Now we know this is not the case. Blazer fans please go back to loser town.

On 12/24/2021 at 1:52 PM, MaiTaiDuck said:

He quit and that's it so please you people on here saying oh have great career at Auburn are ridiculous at best and we don't need your nicety's here. Give me a break Cristabal leaves and all these guys quit transfer out or leave for the NFL. This is about Oregon not Miami not about the players that just quit on not only the UO they quit on their teammates the fans and themselves. Please stop acting like this is even remotely ok. This reminds me of Blazer fans, they are ok with mediocrity something that the Allen' s have brought to this franchise when they bought them.

The guy came to Oregon to play for Oregon and he made that choice when Mario's staff asked him to come here. Make him pay back his school money. This just pisses me off as this generation is clueless. If people on here don't have any clue as to what it takes to win it all then by all means keep giving us your incite because it doesn't have anything positive to go with it. Does anyone have a clue that with this exspansion has done to Oregon who's still trying to win it's first NATTY? Well it just made it tougher. This young Man is gonna be real good. 

Problem is it wont be for Oregon so this makes you feel all giddy inside that Auburn who I'LL break it down for you so maybe you'll understand. When we lost to Auburn in the NATTY they actually paid for Newton to come play for them which by the way was illegal and they got away with it. Something that if Oregon would have done this we'd of been put in violation of every rule known to mankind and more than likely close to what they did to SMU back in the day. You need to understand that the SEC is the monster in the closet and they have their own set of rules.

If you haven't figured that out by now I can't help you because the MEDIA is out there giving out information that is about as false as anything you could imagine and this is extremely dangerous in so many ways. So excuse me if I don't give him qudo's for not finishing his commitment to Oregon not Mario who's word doesn't mean anything. The guy has no more integrity than slick Willie did. This just makes me so sick of this sport anymore as it just came up to the NFLs level. OPTING out is Free Agency or transferring is FA in a nutshell. Thib's you know has made 7 figures.

His new deals are paying him to play for Oregon yet he doesn't want to play or represent himself as an Oregon Duck and he's getting paid to play for just that Oregon period and he's telling us he doesn't want to represent Oregon in the ALAMO Bowl. I'm not understanding this game anymore at all. The only way this works now is if the Billionaire Knight pays more than everybody else. That's it period and we know that Phil could have paid Mario 20 Million to which we were led to believe otherwise. Now we know this is not the case. Blazer fans please go back to loser town.

What in your opinion does it take to win? I know my donations to the DAF doesn’t entitle me to keep players in lockdown. 

MaiTai....I really do not see this as that bad a problem.  His build is the opposite of what is needed at DT, as he is tall and slender.  So it is much harder for him to have a lower pad level that the offensive lineman striking him, and the low-man wins in the trenches.

I thought when they brought him here that perhaps he had the fast-twitch and could convert to DE or TE, but he does not have that speed/quickness or they would have moved him.  He is a "tweener" who would not play much anyway.  With the scholarship now, perhaps the Ducks can get something better in the portal?

BTW....when there is a red line under a word when you write it?  It means it is misspelled, and if you right-click on the red line...a menu pops up with correct spelling options.  Click on the right one and it replaces it for you.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I will agree with you about the Bloozers. The X and I were season ticket holders for way to long- Charles brought up a good point about his build that I never thought about. The guy is gone -Time for us to move on____GO DUCKS!!! Like your enthusiasm though!!

He quit and that's it so please you people on here saying oh have great career at Auburn are ridiculous at best and we don't need your nicety's here.

Players have the ability to transfer got whatever reason right now. I do believe players should have the ability to transfer once if they so desire, especially in this day and age where there is so much movement among coaches. 

I see nothing wrong with wishing players and coaches the best as they move on. 

I think Cristobal leaving is a real opportunity for Oregon to upgrade. If Lanning can recruit as well or better than Cristobal then we have upgraded because Lanning is a better X's and O's coach and Cristobal. 

So why should I be mad Cristobal or any player leaves if it gives us an opportunity to upgrade? If they stay at Oregon against their will are we going to get a better performance out them? Maybe but certainly not guaranteed. 

Yes, with Cristobal leaving and any player leaving there is the feeling of rejection. Cristobal leaving cost us some big recruits and this class is a bit of a wash because of it but we are setting up for a new era of Oregon football, one that may be better than the last. 

So be nice and wish them well... We may reach higher heights without them than with them. 

• Thumbs Up 3

On 12/24/2021 at 3:36 PM, David Marsh said:

If Lanning can recruit as well or better than Cristobal then we have upgraded because Lanning is a better X's and O's coach and Cristobal. 

Really, with this model, Lanning doesn't even have recruit quite as well, though it doesn't seem like it will be a precipitous drop. With the upgrade we expect to see in player development, there will be a net increase in production.

• Thumbs Up 1

MaiTai,  I’m a little bit of a traditionalist so I believe in honoring agreements, committing to a cause and seeing it through, and being true to my word.  I understand where you’re coming from. 

When people leave us it’s natural to immediately go on the defensive and asked, “What did I/we do?”  I think to some degree most of us felt that way when Mario left.  Heck, we were all like the Havanna Huckster’s faithful and quasi-attractive girlfriend.  Huckster took us dinner, told us we were beautiful, and even said to someone that he would be with us until someone would drag him “kicking and screaming” away from us.  Then just like that, BAM!  Two weeks before the prom Huckster dumped us for the once attractive slut from the wrong side of the tracks. 

Thing is, if you look around the college landscape you see this happening everywhere.  I’m pretty sure there are plenty of folks at Auburn who are upset with Bo Nix coming to Eugene.  What about the Cowing kid from UTEP.  Bet the good people of El Paso aren’t thrilled with hearing his name linked to Oregon.  Rest assured there will be more. 

We don’t have to like this part of the game but it’s going to continue to be played.  We just have to play it better than others.  That’s why we dissect the backgrounds of the guys coming on-board Lanning’s staff.  Take a look at the California ties with the coaches he’s bringing in.  He understands the need to keep a foothold in this region.  The staff that's being assembled will do damage in the future.   

Let’s see how this plays out and tally the scores at the end of this upcoming and the following seasons.  I think we’ll find that we’re doing just fine. 

Hang in there MaiTai.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 3:36 PM, David Marsh said:

Cristobal leaving cost us some big recruits and this class is a bit of a wash

That is how it looks at this moment, but there is a full month of recruiting before the February signing day.  He may make this an "Adequate" class, and considering all that happened...that would be pretty good.

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

The landscape of big time college football is changing so fast that its almost unrecognizable.

As fans we have no say in these matters. College football will change as the money and opportunities arise.

Most roller coaster rides have sections that are difficult and stressful. G force pressure.....

For some it's exhilarating, for others it's painful and upsetting.

The transfer portal is just that,  a roller coaster ride. As soon as the bowl games are completed their will be hundreds of players entering the portal. Get ready.......

The rules have always allowed for players to transfer. They just had to sit out a year. That may make some fans happy but it was unfair to the player.

None of us and I mean none of us know each and every players reasons for playing football. If that player cannot achieve or satisfy that reason.  ...

Well they should have the right to move on. And I wish them the best. Afterall, they play for themselves and family. Maybe Mom or Nana missed Jayson. Maybe Jayson missed them.

Consider that Coach Lanning talked with each player or recruit on the plane ride to Eugene. Or in person.  Pethaps Jayson didn't feel he would fit in Coach Lannings scheme.

Either way, to me, the human element of the players and coaches outweighs the loyalty to school nonsense. Or loyalty to the fans.

If we want Oregon to succeed and win a Natty then change is necessary.  And change is coming....

Good luck to all who leave for the NFL or another school. Life is a journey and each of us has to live with the consequences of our decisions and actions.

As a fan, I truly don't like this but I sure hope your replacement is better. Sooner or later, a group of Duck players and coaches are gonna walk off the field with a Natty.

Hope it's sooner.........

• Thumbs Up 2

We also need to understand the players are still kids not men.

Some moving from far away are going to have 2nd thoughts about leaving family.

I moved to Phoenix out of high school, lasted 6 months, missed family and came home. Why shouldn't they be able to do the same.

I don't like how we hold student/athletes to a higher standard than the rest of any of us.

I like the transfer rules now, progressive rather than punitive. Would like 1 change tho. Not able to transfer into another team in your own league. Something about that doesn't seem kosher.

I will always wish anyone good luck for their future as they are going to need it to navigate through life.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

They should also have to finish the season and transfer after the bowl season is finished. 

Players leaving and recruits dropping is tough to watch as we don't like seeing all of that talent leaving. Trying to look at it from a longer term positive view I think this change is going to be good for the Ducks. It reminds me of the Jerry Jellison (UCLA Professor) J Curve of change. We are in the three range now and it may be likely that next year we are in the four range. Ultimately though I think this new staff with better coaching and equally strong recruiting brings the team to the desired five section of the curve to playoff appearances (and maybe a NC).

Merry Christmas Duck Fans!

141b03_d11d2edc9e2e44b29839ca8f8bed9c02_mv2.jpg.0a29b2d7ba5d0976329072b44c7b0c85.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't see this transferring out process as such a bad thing. Frankly, I think it's inevitable that some kids will transfer out when there's a coaching change. Sometimes, I'm sure an incoming coach will give a kid a lukewarm reception at their first meeting and subtly nudge the kid into the transfer portal. (Not saying this happened with Jones. I wasn't there.)

Regardless, I see no reason for not wishing the kid "good luck" at his new location--so long as it's not Fuskieville. I've always been of the opinion that if a kid doesn't want to be around here, I'd rather get rid of him and find somebody who DOES want to be here to replace him. And, if we should meet up again in the future on the field of play, punish him (and his new team) with a sound thumping on the scoreboard.

Jones sounds off on why he left Oregon and chose Auburn.

I dont know, but if I'm a standout defensive player having Lanning, with the Georgia D he was in charge of, I'd be excited to be a part of what he'll have at Oregon.