woundedknees

Are You Ready???

Seeing what some of the young guys are bringing to the table, literally, for the first time this season, has me chomping at the bit to see what the new staff is bringing... HOPE!

Those young coaches had to have been excited by the passion and effort, let alone the talent, that was on display in the second half.

Makes one wonder what might have been with a little of this earlier in the season.

th?id=OIP.RJ8FjDoDBcttyva6ir4TEwHaHa%26p

GO DUCKS!!!

Time for the next step!

th?id=OIP.kuCgervilCxxWSEYhTsVmAHaEq%26p

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I thought Thompson played terrific.  Oh wait, . . .

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was born ready.

Considering the talent at receiver, running back and tight end?  Add a good quarterback to it and we could start scoring a ton more points.  Lanning had to see that the defense can improve a ton and if it does...

A very fun off-season!

It starts tomorrow as Coach Boles unveils another component of the Coach Dillingham offense!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/29/2021 at 10:06 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I was born ready.

Considering the talent at receiver, running back and tight end?  Add a good quarterback to it and we could start scoring a ton more points.  Lanning had to see that the defense can improve a ton and if it does...

A very fun off-season!

It starts tomorrow as Coach Boles unveils another component of the Coach Dillingham offense!

Can't wait to read it!

BTW, I love this forum!

The receivers were very impressive tonight. 

All of them are going to be absolutely killer next year. Just need that QB. 

On 12/29/2021 at 10:18 PM, woundedknees said:

BTW, I love this forum!

And I love this community.  We have something special going on here, and we haven't even completed three months yet?

Whew!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Lanning had to see that the defense can improve a ton and if it does...

Ducks likely win this game if had even an average amount of normal defensive 2 deep available.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

I was born ready.

A very fun off-season!

Don't forget the O line. I think all but one are returning next year. They played really well this year considering the youth and one dimensional football. Throw in some stunt and actual passing game and this is the best unit in the pack next year. They have a new coach in Klemm and an OC that likes to stunt. Hoping these two coaches take this line to another level.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

This could have been a much closer game.  OU's secondary was suspect.  If AB could have only found his footing in the first half, the Ducks might have been able to exploit them more, vertically. Our WRs were winning the footrace, and Dye proved to be too much for the Sooners to handle.  Unfortunately, we only have one Dye, and he needed his breaks too.

If Ferguson didn't kill Oregon's drive with that false start, Dye would have marched in for 6.  And if Franklin bothered to locate that deep pass in the end zone, he would have had two touchdowns instead one. That would have gave the Ducks an additional 11 pts with Camden tacking on the extra points.  And if the second half AB showed up in the first half, Ducks would have won this game. 

The Ducks could have easily folded, being down 30-3 at the half, but they showed some fight in second half which gave us a glimpse of the potential talent we might see next season.

I however would have liked to see them win some of those 50-50 balls.  The Ducks didn't have any luck last night, and the refs cheated McKinley out of the spoils of his scrum.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Guest KingT

A couple notes for consideration. A few guys like Bass, Powers and Johnson played extensive D and their effort and performance should be featured. 

Bennett played but clearly couldn't run - kudos for trying hard.

The young guns showed up on the outside, albeit against backups. Bassa at LB looks like a big time gamer.

As usual, the O line (and TE) made really key penalties at the worst times in this game, like they did all year.

Either Ty and Butters have signaled they are transferring or they are really bad in practice because I cannot for the life of me figure out why they don't get at least a few snaps. So odd.

Onward and upward - 10 wins, good season, but things looking up in '22.

The season long mystery of why no back-up QB got meaningful experience continued. It seems as if when Brown transferred he signed a contract guaranteeing that he would play every down unless he benched himself. Seems like a really nice young man, but he was just an average QB. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/29/2021 at 11:17 PM, Charles Fischer said:

And I love this community.  We have something special going on here, and we haven't even completed three months yet?

Whew!

Man I'm glad I didn't watch that game. Honestly Charles I'm just thankful this staff is gone and we wont have to talk about them again. First half down 30 to 3 that's not competitive like the  acting and man he should never become an actor or a HC said it would be. This is a season that I will flush down the toilet and try to act as if it never happened. Also to all the players that sat out the game, shame on you and that's not what TEAM is about. Honestly Mario has done so much damage to this season its going to take a while to be forgotten.

We can only hope Mr Thompson is ready to compete and I hope he beats out Nix because he chose Oregon and hopefully he's ready to take Mariota charge. This can be a good team with the right staff and that is looking like it will happen. I hope Georgia wins it all because what's one more week after what has happened in just the last month. I'm sure we will be happy. The only thing that kind of sucks is a whole new defensive and offensive philosophy so it will obviously be a work in progress. Lets just all hope we get players healthy and keep them that way.

Go Ducks and lets get the Lanning project on it's winning ways!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/30/2021 at 7:23 AM, KingT said:

A couple notes for consideration. A few guys like Bass, Powers and Johnson played extensive D and their effort and performance should be featured. 

Bennett played but clearly couldn't run - kudos for trying hard.

The young guns showed up on the outside, albeit against backups. Bassa at LB looks like a big time gamer.

As usual, the O line (and TE) made really key penalties at the worst times in this game, like they did all year.

Either Ty and Butters have signaled they are transferring or they are really bad in practice because I cannot for the life of me figure out why they don't get at least a few snaps. So odd.

Onward and upward - 10 wins, good season, but things looking up in '22.

I would love to see Bassa back at safety though not that he can't be a great LB and maybe thats what he'll have to do because of his body maturing or getting bigger so either way we got a winner. Safety though would be so awesome to watch him play. The guy would be a train wreck coming your way. Man I think this kid got way under ranked but thank you for coming to Oregon.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/29/2021 at 11:27 PM, AllOregon said:

Ducks likely win this game if had even an average amount of normal defensive 2 deep available.

That's a whole lot of players not there to help. 30 is something I would be saying ok the guy won't play any young guns and I know they are better than what any of these guys were letting on and AB is average so I just don't understand why we even played the game. I new they would lose as they couldn't field a full team and I hate the way this game has gotten to the point of yes they were all ready getting paid by going to school at Oregon with a paid full ride and people just don't seem to understand that concept. So now they are getting endorsement's and still don't play.

The game is just getting ruined to the point of who is going to stay true to their word? I just hope Lanning can work it to a NATTY and I'm just asking for one only one and to me Oregon deserves it. They need to start making contracts up that will make these players play or pay back when you don't. They are getting coddled and that's just not ok when we see so many with nothing to hang their hat on around the world. I'm old school and I was just raised different and greed was never in my make up. Its the golden rule it's better to give than to receive.

Anyways I'll shut the heck up now and maybe go look at a old picture of Coach Cristobal next to Minnie me so I can start my day off with a laugh. Go Ducks and lets get a home and away game with Miami for 2024. So Mario can see a real offense stomping his D.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest Axel
On 12/29/2021 at 11:17 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Whew!

Charles, we appreciate the hard work that you put into this forum each and every day. It's a unique assemblage of thoughtful, respectful Duck fans--and the occasional posters from other schools--and your tutelage makes it possible. 

On 12/30/2021 at 7:11 AM, DuckIt said:

The Ducks could have easily folded, being down 30-3 at the half, but they showed some fight in second half which gave us a glimpse of the potential talent we might see next season.

Yep, the Ducks went down swinging.

• Thumbs Up 3

The best part of the game was truly the effort the young Ducks displayed.

Start to finish..........

Looking forward to spring ball.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/30/2021 at 8:43 AM, HappyToBeADuck said:

The best part of the game was truly the effort the young Ducks displayed.

Raising Ducklings 101: The Basics | Blain's Farm & Fleet Blog

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1