MaiTaiDuck

Lupoi Hired as DC at Oregon

Well it's official Lupoi is now our new DC and the highest paid one ever. 1,700,000 a year which is pretty high. His contract is through 2024. Go Ducks and Just Do It.

Thanks MTD. Oregon proves again that it has the desire and the money to compete at the highest level of CFB. Whatever recruiting violations Tosh may have had in the past are no longer violations.

My guess? $1.7M for a DC is the highest by quite a bit being paid to a DC in the Pac-12? 

• Thumbs Up 1

It is interesting in that it is reported and the DC contract is reported, but the actual announcement from the university has not happened yet.  Perhaps today, and when it occurs--I will post the press release sent to credentialed media as before.

Mr. FishDuck

A continued focus on defense by the historically offensive minded Oregon. Since Helfrich destroyed our defense those in charge of the money have spent freely on our DC. 

I think there will be a renewed emphasis on offense, but those in power want our defense to be a force too.

609pi3.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks like we have gone full circle where eligibility is fluid and the highest bidder gets the star. The possibility of a player making more than a coach is real.

good grief how did we get here? 

On 1/6/2022 at 9:17 AM, Haywarduck said:

A continued focus on defense by the historically offensive minded Oregon. Since Helfrich destroyed our defense those in charge of the money have spent freely on our DC. 

You're Out of Your Element.gif

On 1/6/2022 at 9:08 AM, Charles Fischer said:

It is interesting in that it is reported and the DC contract is reported, but the actual announcement from the university has not happened yet.  Perhaps today, and when it occurs--I will post the press release sent to credentialed media as before.

Sorry I meant to add that the board or trustee's have to ok it!

On 1/6/2022 at 9:17 AM, Haywarduck said:

I think there will be a renewed emphasis on offense, but those in power want our defense to be a force too.

609pi3.jpg

You know what Heyward it's just to bad they didn't think about that 10 years ago and maybe we'd be Champions.

• Thumbs Up 2

The whole time Belloti and Chip were building an offensive juggernaut, yet the D couldn't consistently get a 3 and out, or would "Bend, then Break," I kept wondering why the Ducks couldn't have both?

What a revolutionary concept!

I don't believe it's just us. It's hard recruiting stars on both sides of the ball. Look at the highest level of offense in the land. Those team's usually can have a fair defense. The only outlier is the SEC and Misc/tOSU/ND and Clemson.

Apparently Lupoi will not be officially announced until he is done with the Jags after this weekend.  (They have another game to lose)

Mr. FishDuck

OregonLive has published it as "official"

"The University of Oregon’s Executive and Audit committee of the school’s Board of Trustees unanimously approved the contract, which runs from Monday through Jan. 2025, on Wednesday afternoon."

There is a difference between Oregon Athletic Department making an "official" announcement and the Board of Trustees approving his contract.

On 1/6/2022 at 3:43 PM, ICamel said:

OregonLive has published it as "official"

"The University of Oregon’s Executive and Audit committee of the school’s Board of Trustees unanimously approved the contract, which runs from Monday through Jan. 2025, on Wednesday afternoon."

There is a difference between Oregon Athletic Department making an "official" announcement and the Board of Trustees approving his contract.

Not arguing; just stating that Athletic Department has not released the official announcement until his employment with the Jags is done.  Yet we know it is happening due to what you cite, the contract details released yesterday, etc.  

Mr. FishDuck

That’s a lot for a recruiter, any acumen on player development and a defense coordinator?