Charles Fischer

Lanning Love: Among the Highest Graded New Staff for Recruiting EVER?

It is how we felt, but now some analysis to support it!  Can we beat Cristobal's highest rated class in the future?

Not Dan Lanning (@lanningseason) / Twitter

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 2

Mr. FishDuck

Oh hell yeah. Let's go for the gold #1 class in the country in 23

• Thumbs Up 1

And remember kids, the UO has just been his side job this whole time. Expect a quantum gear shift Tuesday morning.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh hell yeah. Man how I like that pic above. Now that's positive intensity.

Edited by Duck 1972
Need to edit
  • Thumbs Up 2

So what you are saying is... Oregon wasn't a stepping stone for coaches! Quite the opposite.  Turns out, coaches are a stepping stone for Oregon. Who woulda thunk?

Edited by Log Haulin
  • Thanks 1

On 1/6/2022 at 5:02 PM, Log Haulin said:

So what you are saying is... Oregon wasn't a stepping stone for coaches! Quite the opposite.  Turns out, coaches are a stopping stone for Oregon

This

I think this staff can absolutely pull in the best classes Oregon has ever seen. 

I also feel the emphasis made on big time recruiters is vital. You can recruit to Oregon but let's remind everyone that that doesn't mean it's easy to recruit to Oregon. 

Cristobal proved it could be done... But that staff worked their collective butts off to do it. Oregon can't afford to have coaches who take little interest in recruiting or aren't great recruiters because getting the talent to even show up for a visit can be a challenge. 

Let's put it this way... Lots of programs that sit in recruiting hotbeds get loafs of unofficial visits from top recruits. They show up on their own dime and get to look around and meet the staff and what not. Oregon gets some but that usually comes at the minimum cost of a plane ticket and the expenses attached. 

USC, Bama, Georgia, Texas and others have recruits just drive in and stay the day and leave at minimal expense. 

That's hard to compete with... Oregon needs to get recruits to campus and official visits do help hit there is a limited number of thosr. And at the end of the day, it's hard to beat those unofficial visits. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/6/2022 at 1:05 PM, Duck 1972 said:

Oh hell yeah. Let's go for the gold #1 class in the country in 23

They just paid a new DC that will trump Andy and Tim times two. Neither of those guys really brought the talent that was on this team even into a TOP 20 Defense. They paid over 5 Million to get it done and Tosh has pretty much done a great job wherever he's been. So could Oregon and this new staff get a number 1 class in the nation? I believe they could or can if Phil delivers the pay. Not just pay for all the best but pay for the players they fell can be complete 11 on each side of the ball. Team play and it really was only half most the time with this roster.

Here is what I believe will happen and this staff will out recruit whatever Mario did and then some. What was his best class 6th. I would think Coach Lanning and this staff will get at least 3rd for 2023s class.