jrw

Mario Grabs Another One

Logan Sagapolu heads to Miami.

Maybe he'll at least get to play in a couple of 5-7 seasons down there

Olineman, can't blame him.

• Thanks 1

Best of luck Logan!

• Thanks 1

It's surprising to me that more are not transfering and following MC.

I just read an interview with V McKinley talking about his relationship with MC and how important it was to him.

Can't believe more players don't feel the same way. Hopefully they can learn to feel same way to DL.

I think this is Cristobal's first and currently only player who has transferred from Oregon. 

I'm not counting the recruits that have flipped because they were never ducks to begin with. 

I don't think he fits the new offensive lineman profile with the new staff, and was probably told that.  (My guess) He was a big recruit for Mario, so no surprise.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I also think the term lures another one, is a more accurate term to use. Mario has a gift for appearing to be exactly what the recruit wants. The difficulty, like many coaches, is to help the recruit to become what lured them in.

Again recruiting is just one leg of the player stool. You have to bring the kids in, develop them, and then put them into tough situations they can learn from, and excel at. I think Mario is good at bringing them in and putting them in tough situations, but they seldom excel to their potential. Helping players reach their potential is where greatness becomes a reality.

Oregon, in the past, brought in players who reached their potential more than other programs. We exceeded other programs because we developed and schemed better than the elite programs. Talent without a challenge to exceed their purported level of ability is a recipe to become just another program. Oregon isn't just another program, and should never accept seeing talent flounder on the field. Oregon's secret recipe is effort and innovation, time to see it in action again.