30Duck

Jimbo Fisher: "This $30 Million Thing is a Joke"

All from a guy named "Jimbo"

Who coddled Jameis?

Sure Bro

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sure.  A&M always wins in recruiting before NIL....like never.

giphy.gif

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

LOL! Do you have any of a cat grabbing crab legs?

OK Jimbo. Heard the same stuff about play for pay from Hugh Freeze. Freeze was cheating. For you, it's all good. Maybe you just want the world to know what a great recruiter you are? What a schmuck. Jimbo? Who do you think it was that Nick Saban was calling out for abusing the concept of NIL? Nick, if you don't like A+M wait until Texas shows up.

I'd say most of the NIL contracts are somewhat public.  I don't think it would be hard to piece together the price TXAM paid in NIL deals.

On 2/2/2022 at 12:57 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Sure.  A&M always wins in recruiting before NIL....like never.

giphy.gif

Catnip, it's an expensive habit! 

Nice Charles.  You find the funny ones.

Posted this earlier, the real picture of this 5* recruit signing with Texas A&M63phi1.thumb.jpg.32d9df094d0631f27d1c5f7319c2346c.jpg

Malchow was the director of recruiting. He also helped produce top classes at UGA for 5 years. Also at Bama before that.

Think he helped us get a respectable class to close out this year. Guess we'll see come 23

Pay-for-play is and has been endemic in the SEC for decades. Ole Miss under Hugh Freeze ran a P-F-P program. At Tennessee they were passing money to recruits in McDonald's bags. Compared to what USC got for 1 player receiving extra benefits, Ole Miss got jack and such will be the case with Tennessee. NIL arrives and A+M signs the No. 1 ranked recruiting class of all time and this is a coincidence? Sorry. I was born at night but it wasn't last night.

But what schools are being NCAA examined for NIL violation; BYU, Oregon and a number of others west of the Mississippi River. Me thinks JImbo dost protest too much? Up to me, I'd pass on the so-called playoff post 2025 and beg the B1G to come along and collectively take back the Rose Bowl. Maybe bring in the ACC if the ACC is still a viable conference. Maybe the B12?

NIL has certainly balanced out recruiting, right? A+M, Bama, Georgia, Ohio State, LSU, all at the top. The number of top recruits from the Pac-12 footprint who stayed in the west is miniscule. I can see the Ducks and SC bringing in top recruiting classes, in the top 15 and perhaps better, but the rest of the conference? 

Come 2023, Duck 1972, I think we will see close to exactly what we have seen in 2022. A top 7 to 10 that remains mostly the same with a bit of scuffling underneath. 

• Thumbs Up 1