Charles Fischer

PWO QB: Oregon Assuming a Transfer?

I think this is good planning, as I would assume that by the end of fall camp...one of the two remaining sophomore QBs will probably enter the portal, and you MUST have three QBs at least going into a season?  Your thoughts?

Photo-Mar-12-2-58-06-PM.jpg?w=640
DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Ducks made a roster move on Tuesday, adding a PWO quarterback to the depth chart and filling out the QB room.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Smart move. There is never a situation where you have enough QBs on the roster. Sadly, if the existing talent was properly developed, we wouldn't have a transfer in the mix this season. But this keeps the position room stocked when the inevitable transfer happens. Also not to be forgotten is that there ABSOLUTELY will be a season where we lose one or more QBs at the top (2007) and will need a guy fired up and ready to win games! 

• Thumbs Up 1

I see a gig on the Johnny Carson show wearing a funny hat in your future 

I remember one year that due to injuries Oregon went through 5 or 6 QBs by the end of the season.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/16/2022 at 9:25 AM, Annie said:

I remember one year that due to injuries Oregon went through 5 or 6 QBs by the end of the season.

I believe it was 1991, but we were down to 4th string in 2007, as we won the Sun Bowl with Justin Roper at QB, who later transferred to Montana.  THAT was a heck-of-a-coaching-job by Chip...

NCAA Football: Sun Bowl- South Florida vs Oregon | Vols Wire

• Thumbs Up 6

Mr. FishDuck

If Nix gets the starting now it's highly likely we lose TT or Butters to the portal. This PWO is a 3* so it's a solid pickup.

On 3/16/2022 at 9:34 AM, Charles Fischer said:

I believe it was 1991, but we were down to 4th string in 2007, as we won the Sun Bowl with Justin Roper at QB, who later transferred to Montana.  THAT was a heck-of-a-coaching-job by Chip...

NCAA Football: Sun Bowl- South Florida vs Oregon | Vols Wire

Don't forget the year Darren Thomas was a freshman. He was 4th on the depth chart but had to come in against Boise St. in the 4th quarter. 

Almost led a total comeback!

• Thumbs Up 1

There are currently 5 QBs on the team.  The new guy, Sanders, (second year with the team) AJ Abbott (from Houston, TX), Ty, Bo, and Jay.

Ty Bo and Jay sounds like a boy band.  Or an MMA style. 

Don't sleep on Abbott. Read some articles and his confidence is inspiring.