Charles Fischer

Whew! Watch Bo Nix When He Played for Dillingham Before...

You gotta admit--he has great feet, good speed and while his arm is not like Herbert...his passes very catchable and yet accurate.  He can do the Zone-Read too!  (There is blah-blah at the beginning, so go to 3:05 to start the highlights, although the first game sucks.)

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

I'll say it again: there is a lot to like about this guy!

• Thumbs Up 1

Believe I read somewhere that this is the offense Dilly will install at Oregon. 

• Like 1

Very impressive for sure and look at the teams he was doing it against. Beat Oregon, A&M, Bama, LSU twice. Just to name a few then his coaching staff was in a bit of turmoil. He never beat Georgia however, oh wait, don’t we have the Bulldogs DC coaching the Ducks? I think this team is in really good hands. I’m pulling for Ty to win the job but if he can’t then we have a very capable QB in Bo Nix. May the best man win.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was happy when Nix showed up at Oregon and everything we've seen, heard about the QB competition sounds like it's bringing out the best from Nix, Thompson and Butterfield. These highlights of Nix are great to see and if he wins the spot, great, and if Thompson or Butterfield emerge as the starter, greater still!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 4/12/2022 at 11:18 AM, 30Duck said:

I was happy when Nix showed up at Oregon and everything we've seen, heard about the QB competition sounds like it's bringing out the best from Nix, Thompson and Butterfield. These highlights of Nix are great to see and if he wins the spot, great, and if Thompson or Butterfield emerge as the starter, greater still!

The only issue with NIX is when he throws off platform. Which, unfortunately, he's had to do a lot with Auburns OL flaws. When throwing on-platform he's solid. As for what's been happening in practices, Nix is consistent, and good but not necessarily electric. Thompson is inconsistent but when he's on, he's a superstar... I'm guessing he hangs in there as QB2 and Butterfield is gone after spring. 

• Thumbs Up 1

There was a reason why Nix was the SEC Frosh player of the year under Dillingham. 

If his ankle is OK I think Nix has a chance to light up a whole bunch of Pac-12 Ds? He is not going against the Ds he saw in the SEC. And on the road he is not going to be playing in front of the hostile crowds he played in front of in the SEC.

On 4/12/2022 at 12:02 PM, Just Ducky said:

Very impressive for sure and look at the teams he was doing it against. Beat Oregon, A&M, Bama, LSU twice. Just to name a few then his coaching staff was in a bit of turmoil. He never beat Georgia however, oh wait, don’t we have the Bulldogs DC coaching the Ducks? I think this team is in really good hands. I’m pulling for Ty to win the job but if he can’t then we have a very capable QB in Bo Nix. May the best man win.

Nix vs. UGA - 0-3. 639 total passing yards. 1 TD. 2 INTs. But as you so noted, he started against and defeated a number of talented top 25 teams that had better guys on D than he is going to see in the Pac-12.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/12/2022 at 1:41 PM, Jon Joseph said:

There was a reason why Nix was the SEC Frosh player of the year under Dillingham. 

If his ankle is OK I think Nix has a chance to light up a whole bunch of Pac-12 Ds? He is not going against the Ds he saw in the SEC. And on the road he is not going to be playing in front of the hostile crowds he played in front of in the SEC.

Well, personally have him pegged with a better completion percentage (like +5%) than the crap offense at Auburn (we'll play faster & fast play is a QB's friend) so that's a big feather in his cap. However, what he does have is  a.) a solid OL assuming no health issues b.) Outside of Bama, LSU and Georgia, not a huge delta with the D's . Personally, don't think the crowds play into it at all. 

Nix's percentages will up because: (IMHO) 1) Dillingham, 2) Super-experienced, and 3) this ain't the SEC.  Add 5-7 percentage points for playing in the Pac-12!

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

The most exciting thing about this video?  When Auburn is up two or three scores, they are still slinging the ball around the field trying to push the lead out and put opponents away.....instead of handing the ball off on every down and slamming into the back of the offensive linemen for three straight plays, then punting.  

Edited by GeotechDuck
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1