Tandaian

Justin Herbert Pre-Draft Quote That Didn't Age Well

"I've never understood the love with this kid," said the scout, according to Bleacher Report's Matt Miller. "He might look the part, but he'll get someone fired. He doesn't have it."

Some times you hit a home run, some times you strike out.  Matt Miller struck out with this at-bat.

• Haha 3

Sounds like he drank the Mari koolaid.

Matt Miller, McShay, how do they still have their jobs? The fact that they have a new Mock Draft every week is evidence that none of them mean anything. My Aunt could do a Mock Draft.

JH got someone fired all right. The Chargers canned Anthony Lynn and brought in a head coach in Brandon Staley who could build an offense around Justin and give him a defense to protect the leads he would give them. Not quite what these talking head bozos had in mind, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/12/2022 at 10:18 AM, EastBayDuckDad said:

. The Chargers canned Anthony Lynn

"He's on the bench for a reason."

• Haha 1

Even in Herbert’s first lop-sided game against the puppies you could tell he could play.

The fact that he opted to stay another year to have a shot at winning with his teammates, rather than chase NFL money, says a lot about his confidence and character.

Then he goes out and wins the William Campbell trophy his senior year. Herbert is not only a great athlete, but also has a high level of intelligence.

The guy is 6’ 6”, weighs 235 to 240, and flat footed can throw a 65 yard bomb. I am really glad someone went out on a limb and drafted him. 

Herbert’s record setting start is amazing. Watching him “stretch the field” is football entertainment at its finest. I am a Charger fan for as long as he wears that uniform. 

• Thumbs Up 10

Anyone playing attention when the Snake ran his offense could see JH was NFL material.  It wasn't even hard to see.

I remember a QB analyst that died doubt about JH after the 2018 husky game.  There were some very tight windows JH didn't throw into.  Simply because it required precise timing and he missed the window (and was wise enough to recognize it).

The analyst started JH advised those passes and questioned his ability.  I saw it as I called it- an extremely tight window that wasn't worth the risk. JH made several plays in that game that showed his abilities against the best secondary in the conference (of which three players were drafted).  

Most importantly, he won that game. With a solo WR that got drafted, and there others incapable of separating from said NFL caliber DBs.  Says it all doesn't it?

JH demonstrated exceptional skills, having subpar surrounding talent, and four different OCs. He might have even earned s Heisman had he stayed healthy in 2017.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/12/2022 at 11:54 AM, Tandaian said:

"I've never understood the love with this kid," said the scout, according to Bleacher Report's Matt Miller. "He might look the part, but he'll get someone fired. He doesn't have it."

Some times you hit a home run, some times you strike out.  Matt Miller struck out with this at-bat.

None of these draft gurus are the least bit self-accountable. Where is McShade and Kiper's post-draft grade on how close (far off) they were in their draft projections.

If these guys picked at the track like they do with the draft they'd be homeless.

Edited by Jon Joseph

On 4/12/2022 at 11:59 AM, Steven A said:

Sounds like he drank the Mari koolaid.

Oh, that's bad for your health and scoring points.

On 4/13/2022 at 11:35 AM, Jon Joseph said:

None of these draft gurus are the least bit self-accountable. Where is McShade and Kiper's post-draft grade on how close (far off) they were in their draft projections.

If these guys picked at the track like they do with the draft they'd be homeless.

Only draft gurus, politicians and weathermen can be completely wrong and face no consequences for their actions...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/13/2022 at 9:37 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Oh, that's bad for your health and scoring points.

And your teeth. But not for the sugar, for the gnashing.

• Haha 1