Steven A

Spencer Rattler Calls Oklahoma TOXIC SITUATION

There aren't any details here and maybe this is sour grapes.  Hopefully, there will be some follow-up.

spencer-rattler.jpg
WWW.SI.COM

The quarterback transferred to South Carolina in December to take over their starting role.

• Thumbs Up 1

First chink in Rileys armor.

• Thumbs Up 1

Perhaps sour grapes? From a potential Heisman winner to a guy benched for a freshman?

• Thumbs Up 2

Watch the QB1 season where Rattler was featured. He spews toxicity. I think that playing in the SEC will be a humbling experience for him and it will likely highlight many more of his character flaws.

Edited by DrJacksPlaidPants
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 4/15/2022 at 7:10 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Watch the QB1 season where Rattler was featured. He spews toxicity. I think that playing in the SEC will be a humbling experience for him and it will likely highlight many more of his character flaws.

At the time of his transfer there were rumors that Rattler would not be missed by his teammates at OU.

Rattler came into last season with Heisman hopes then got benched in the big game against Texas. Then he watched the guy who replaced him become the Star. No doubt he would not have the best memories of his time at OU.

I kinda agree with him. He played well the 2 prior seasons.

Had a rough patch then was benched and replaced by some hot shot freshmen that wasn't good enough to keep the job.

I would have been pissed too. What about a coach putting his players in the best position to succeed.

Looks like Riley just threw him under the bus, to me.

Sounds like a culture problem at the time. Yes, I am harking back to my article published last Tuesday. 

Maybe Rattler was part of the toxic problem at OU, I don't know enough about the situation to know for sure, but if that is the case then Riley recruited some toxic players into an environment and didn't have a culture in place to change their behavior. 

This is an interesting piece of information and I am sure we will all be keeping an eye on USC to see if there is any smoke. 

On 4/16/2022 at 11:58 PM, David Marsh said:

Sounds like a culture problem at the time. Yes, I am harking back to my article published last Tuesday. 

Maybe Rattler was part of the toxic problem at OU, I don't know enough about the situation to know for sure, but if that is the case then Riley recruited some toxic players into an environment and didn't have a culture in place to change their behavior. 

This is an interesting piece of information and I am sure we will all be keeping an eye on USC to see if there is any smoke. 

Good take and maybe? But Riley never lost more than 2 games as HC at OK.

I think this is a Rattler problem far more than a systemic problem under Riley. Rattler handled getting booed about as well as did Mario.

On 4/16/2022 at 3:25 PM, Duck 1972 said:

I kinda agree with him. He played well the 2 prior seasons.

Had a rough patch then was benched and replaced by some hot shot freshmen that wasn't good enough to keep the job.

I would have been pissed too. What about a coach putting his players in the best position to succeed.

Looks like Riley just threw him under the bus, to me.

To my knowledge, Caleb Williams kept the job and finished with the 4th best QBR in the nation?

After being benched vs TX, Rattler came in and threw a critical 2 point conversion pass. But he never started another game at OK after Williams engineered a great comeback. Also in 2021, especially for a Heisman front runner, he played awful football in OK's OOC games.

IMO. Riley made a gutsy and proper call to bench Rattler in favor of a true frosh.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/17/2022 at 9:21 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Rattler problem

Just like Riley leaving due to SEC future, Rattler tastes like chicken.

• Haha 3