Darren Perkins

Just How Clueless is Taggart?

(And believe me, I wanted to use a much stronger word than "clueless" in the title.)

So, apparently Taggart has continued his Dawn Patrol workouts at his current school, Florida Atlantic. And, it has resulted in a player once again ending up in the hospital. 

This player testified in the current Doug Brenner lawsuit, though it  was deemed inadmissible.

But, after all the hassle these workouts have caused Taggart, why on earth would you want to do them again? Mind boggling.

Edited by Darren Perkins
  • Wow 2

The definition of insanity comes to mind. 

What did comedian Ron White say about it?  The video is for adults only, who are not easily offended...

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I am thankful that Taggart is gone.  This behavior should have never been allowed at the U of O and hopefully never will be here again.  

Inadmissible for the punitive damage claim, yet impeaches Taggart's testimony/lies:

Gold claimed to have performed “dawn patrol” workouts four times and those 6 a.m. exercises involved “having a 45-pound plate and pushing it 20 yards and back 20 times.”

Is in direct contradiction of Taggart’s testimony from Friday morning. Taggart said that although he brought back “dawn patrol” workouts at Florida State and that they continue at Florida Atlantic, the measures he views as for “discipline (and) accountability” and not punishment now involve pushing five-pound bags rather than the much heavier, round weighted plates typically used on barbells.

Gold said he “never experienced” a dawn patrol exercise using a five-pound bag.

I know who I believe, and he never coached at Oregon.

• Thumbs Up 1

Had to look up Irele Oderinde to see where he is now.  Apparently out of football (good!) but back at University of South Florida now in his "second season as the USF women’s basketball and men's golf program’s head strength and conditioning coach".

Interesting career trajectory.

Can he be charged with perjury?  

“I’m here because for the first time in my life my character has been attacked,” Taggart said. “I’m here because I’ve never been attacked in my life. Everyone that knows me knows that I’m a good person. I don’t intend to hurt anyone. That’s something that I’m prideful for and it’s something that I’m going to fight for for the rest of my life because that’s my intent, is to help these young men reach their dreams, goals and aspirations. The first time in my career, in my life, I’ve been accused of hurting our players and punishing our players and I can’t allow that to happen because that’s not me.”

willie-taggart-court.jpg
FOOTBALLSCOOP.COM

If found negligent, a ruling against the defendants could result in yet another watershed moment against the college sports establishment amid a time when watershed moments seemingly...

On 4/23/2022 at 12:05 PM, McDuck said:

Interesting career trajectory.

Got fired from USF this week.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/30/2022 at 9:55 AM, Steven A said:

Got fired from USF this week.

Didn't know that, thanks.  Wonder if the information from the trial played a part.

On 4/30/2022 at 10:30 AM, McDuck said:

Didn't know that, thanks.  Wonder if the information from the trial played a part.

There was some evidence that could not be used in the court case in Oregon because it comes from out of state accounts... Namely Florida... 

I think those accounts have created a pattern that it's not worth holding onto a strength and conditioning coach who has a track record of hospitalizing athletes. 

6egfci.jpg