Steven A

Break Out the Bubbly, Emmert to Step Down (in 2023)

Of course, hard to see how a guy at the bottom of the barrel can step any further down.  Must be due to his prowess roots.

AAWD7Ka.img?h=630&w=1200&m=6&q=60&o=t&l=
WWW.MSN.COM

Emmert will remain in his position until his replacement is hired or until June 30, 2023.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

"The 69-year-old Emmett’s decision was consider(sic) a mutual agreement" = says all you need to know!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Tough job

Hopefully they find a replacement sooner...

The Title days it all.

941a41a650a712b15e03cae22444e147
NEWS.YAHOO.COM

Mark Emmert leaves a job that few qualified people will want and an NCAA that has lost credibility with its members, Congress and...

• Thanks 1

Didn’t this WOS run a 3 year “the ducks cheated” investigation , but in 2 weeks decided payed off Pryor was eligible?

On 4/26/2022 at 8:42 PM, Duck 1972 said:

Tough job

At $2.9M a year I'll take the job. I'm qualified. I know that the Jayhawks basketball arena is located in Lawrence, KS and not in Kansas City, KS.

Of course, post Emmert, there is nothing left to do but manage post season athletic events.

This guy was a Larry Scott-like clown who blew millions of dollars in legal fees trying to protect an outdated, unfair to the players, 'student-athlete' model. It took 12 years for the 'enlightened scholars' Emmert reported to end his run of ruin.

Edited by Jon Joseph

On 4/27/2022 at 7:37 AM, Flyin Vee said:

Didn’t this WOS run a 3 year “the ducks cheated” investigation , but in 2 weeks decided payed off Pryor was eligible?

UNC was not penalized for two decades of academic fraud and CAM was eligible, right?

Oregon was punished in record time for Chip using a 'runner' in recruiting. No SEC schools were doing the same, right?

(Do you mean Fields, not Pryor?  Pryor led Ohio State to an undefeated season and missed the post-season because of Tattoo-gate.)

On 4/27/2022 at 9:06 AM, Jon Joseph said:

At $2.9M a year I'll take the job. I'm qualified. I know that the Jayhawks basketball arena is located in Lawrence, KS and not in Kansas City, KS.

Of course, post Emmert, there is nothing left to do but manage post season athletic events.

This guy was a Larry Scott-like clown who blew millions of dollars in legal fees trying to protect an outdated, unfair to the players, 'student-athlete' model. It took 12 years for the 'enlightened scholars' Emmert reported to end his run of ruin.

If I hear student-athlete again I’m going to throw up!

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1