Charles Fischer

Careful! Doordash Will Rip-You-Off!

Mad 2 FP.jpg

I think it is safe to say that "I'm mad as hell."

Don't use Doordash for home delivered food!  I had an account and never used it, and was going to tonight--but now I've closed it after being stolen from.

Long story short--the Doordash people just ripped me off for $70.00 as I had two gift certificates given to me that I uploaded, and a Duck-Buddy uploaded money into my account to pay off a football bet.  (we bet a pizza)

Their website is hard to navigate, find things, and does not give you directions.  In other words, you do not deposit anything unless you are going to use it for an order that moment.  Because when you leave the site the money goes "poof," and now Doordash has it, and they will claim "we don't have any record of these deposits."

If they had a paragraph of instructions on the page--there would not have been a rip-off; the word "credit" implies something used at a future date, but that is not how they see it.  I am sure they have ripped off millions in client monies this way.  Even their agent on the phone admitted that their site is "faulty" and they are having trouble with their app.

My feelings towards IT people is similar to how I feel about attorneys; I hate them as a group, but love the ones I personally work with.  Most IT people have an attitude of..."I have made it, now YOU figure it out, or pay someone to figure it out and do it for you." 

(That is precisely the case with FishDuck and OBD Forum I have as I've paid boatloads of money to two developers that have done a great job and are fun to work with, but the system should not be set up this way.)

Peter Finch 2.jpg

I hope you, My FishDuck Friends.... appreciate, and use the Directions at the top of the site. (On mobile, it is the lateral three lines at the top on the left; touch it and a drop-down has the Directions in it.)

Everything on this site is geared to making it easier on the reader and those who post.  So instead of having an attitude of..."you figure it out," I spent about 50 hours creating those directions with images, circles, arrows and text explaining.  I did this because of how people are treated on other sites, and how I want the best for the good people of this community, and it makes it all so much more fun!

Cool off Charles!

giphy.gif

• Oh no! 1
  • Wow 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Uber is the same way...don't call until you are standing there, if you try to arrange ahead for a pickup, they come now...which could be a while or could be 2 minutes...and charge you $1000 a minute if you aren't right there.  The guy with the mini disco ball in the car was the last time for me

• Yikes! 1

I've seen some Door Dashers at my local McDonalds as I've waited in line, one of them looked like Cousin It from, "The Addams Family".

image.jpeg.112168584063bd10b70cd4b178ac737b.jpeg

On 5/3/2022 at 2:23 PM, JDuck said:

Uber is the same way...don't call until you are standing there, if you try to arrange ahead for a pickup, they come now...which could be a while or could be 2 minutes...and charge you $1000 a minute if you aren't right there.  The guy with the mini disco ball in the car was the last time for me

Uber and Lyft are mostly in the technology/app business. Rides just happen to be what they are selling. Sure, you can book in advance, but all it does is lock in the rate at the time you requested the ride in the app, and creates an auto-request around the time you wanted to be picked up. It's not like any given driver has you "on their schedule" to be picked up. Traditional cabs are usually the way to go for early flights. At least in my experience. 

As for delivery apps, I received a $100 Grubhub e-gift card once, and I ended up just driving to restaurants to pick up food orders to-go on my own. I figured out that work around with minimal research, and it stretched my buying power. I'm not paying $13 for one large M&M Blizzard from Dairy Queen if I can help it.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/3/2022 at 3:09 PM, 2002duck said:

Uber and Lyft are mostly in the technology/app business. Rides just happen to be what they are selling. Sure, you can book in advance, but all it does is lock in the rate at the time you requested the ride in the app, and creates an auto-request around the time you wanted to be picked up. It's not like any given driver has you "on their schedule" to be picked up. Traditional cabs are usually the way to go for early flights. At least in my experience. 

As for delivery apps, I received a $100 Grubhub e-gift card once, and I ended up just driving to restaurants to pick up food orders to-go on my own. I figured out that work around with minimal research, and it stretched my buying power. I'm not paying $13 for one large M&M Blizzard from Dairy Queen if I can help it.

I did cabs for early flights...last couple years I could never get one, like a lot of places, nobody wants to work I guess.  Mmmm, blizzard now I'm hungry

I have car, I go get--just sayin

“Take what you can and never give it back”

Not every pirate has an eye patch and a bird perched on his shoulder. Some have hanging mini disco balls. 

• Applause 1

Charles, the stock took a pretty big hit after your scathing review. It has now recovered, but the power of FishDuck on display.

Doordash stock today.

Open
High
Low
  • Yikes! 1
  • Applause 1

There have also been reports of food delivery people showing up to take the order and when they see the tip amount, just leave your food at the restaurant.

• Yikes! 1

I only use those services when they have a 50% off promotion.  Even then the mark up is ridiculous.

On 5/4/2022 at 4:43 PM, chrisjenn99 said:

I only use those services when they have a 50% off promotion.  Even then the mark up is ridiculous.

Agreed.  I got the account only because of some gift cards given to me and the bet paid off.  Never had any of these accounts before, and don't anymore!

Mr. FishDuck

My kids always say our house has never seen a food delivery. We can cook and clean, and when we go out it is for a very nice meal. The kids always comment on how their friends are always ordering out and getting delivery, just not how we roll. My neighbor always wonders why we have so little garbage, we also don't waste a lot. To each his own, but the whole delivery thing is astounding to me. We usually walk to restaurants too. I am just a different kind of bird!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1