cartm25

BREAKING: Ducks Land Nebraska Transfer--DL Casey Rogers

• Applause 3

The Office Party Hard GIF

• Haha 3
  • Mic drop 1

You knew they had to add some DL guys. Our depth looked suspect on the DL for this upcoming season. Looks like they solved that issue, and they can now allow the incoming DL freshman to redshirt.

We’ve got a couple of corn fed Ducks straight from Nebraska.

Welcome to Eugene gentlemen.

• Thumbs Up 4

Scott Frost once said you just can't recruit to Eugene. So that narrative appears to have flipped. Seems like you just can't keep them in Nebraska either.

• Haha 3
  • Mic drop 3
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Now K Williams entering portal makes sense. Clearing another scholarship

• Thumbs Up 2

Welcome Casey Rogers, look forward to seeing you on the field!

Yesterday I read that we have 89 players on scholarship but our limit is 87. So how does this work? We keep receiving new commitments, does that mean that perhaps some people may potentially get booted off scholarship?

On 5/4/2022 at 2:01 PM, EastBayDuckDad said:

Scott Frost once said you just can't recruit to Eugene. So that narrative appears to have flipped. Seems like you just can't keep them in Nebraska either.

Although for some reason a stud DE from TCU just chose the Cornhuskers over Texas?

The portal giveth and the portal taketh away.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 11:01 AM, EastBayDuckDad said:

Scott Frost was absolutely right about the difficulties in recruiting to Eugene. But the mentality of recruiting to Eugene has completely changed under Cristobal and Lanning. 

Scott-Frost-Twitter-300x300-cropped.jpg?
FISHDUCK.COM

Oregon is hot on the recruiting trail right now. Just last week, Oregon landed 2022 recruit Andre Dollar...

Things have changed a lot but it still requires far more work than what Frost put into his time at Oregon. 

Also... The Helfrich years weren't really outside the norm in terms of historical Oregon recruiting. He had some good classes but nothing like what we have seen with Cristobal and now Lanning. 

Mark-Helfrich-v-Washingotn-2015-John-Spe
FISHDUCK.COM

Mark Helfrich is generally considered the worst recruiter in modern Oregon football history. He is a coach who...

But I will say this... Recruiting never stops and it does feel like coaches need to always be recruiting their own teams to keep their players. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

If Im a player at the college level Im going to go where I feel confident with the coaches ability to get me to the next level.

On 5/4/2022 at 3:55 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

If Im a player at the college level Im going to go where I feel confident with the coaches ability to get me to the next level.

THIS is why the SEC leads CFB in recruiting and sending players to the NFL.

• Thumbs Up 1