30Duck

Sewell Tabbed to Win Butkus Award

If Sewell wins it, it will be 2 in a row for Lanning. It would be first back-to-back for a coach, the only other BTB was when the Boz won the first and second awards at Oklahoma. 

20220423-DSC03020-2.jpg
WWW.ON3.COM

Oregon's hard-hitting, disruptive sophomore linebacker could be one of the top players at his position in 2022.

• Thumbs Up 1

A heat seeking missle!

If Flowe can stay healthy, this should propell Sewell to the top. 

I'm drooling that Lanning can land a couple top LB's to come take their spots by the time signing day comes around. 

Lets Flip Anthony Hill the Texas LB from the Aggies and put him in the #1 jersey, I dream big

Edited by DazeNconfused

Flowe won the High School Butkus award. Who knows, if Flowe stays healthy they could go 1, 2 for the Butkus and on the draft board for LB's. I can dream can't I!

Bosworth, what a joke! Mr. supplement, illegal supplement that is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnDlFKTNkeE

On 5/25/2022 at 1:05 PM, 30Duck said:

If Sewell wins it, it will be 2 in a row for Lanning. It would be first back-to-back for a coach, the only other BTB was when the Boz won the first and second awards at Oklahoma. 

20220423-DSC03020-2.jpg
WWW.ON3.COM

Oregon's hard-hitting, disruptive sophomore linebacker could be one of the top players at his position in 2022.

I just read this article and I'm going to predict that DJ goes 1st round and before Noah after this season plays out. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/25/2022 at 3:29 PM, DazeNconfused said:

I just read this article and I'm going to predict that DJ goes 1st round and before Noah after this season plays out. 

image.jpeg.8af6809edbdf47f5ee13b1ab321f3afe.jpeg

On 5/25/2022 at 1:29 PM, DazeNconfused said:

Love it, predictions for season ending awards! 

If DJ ends up going as a 1st round pick, I would assume our defense was top 10 in the nation.  I would take that.

On 5/25/2022 at 2:18 PM, Tandaian said:

If DJ ends up going as a 1st round pick, I would assume our defense was top 10 in the nation.  I would take that.

On 5/25/2022 at 2:09 PM, Wrathis said:

image.jpeg.8af6809edbdf47f5ee13b1ab321f3afe.jpeg

On 5/25/2022 at 2:10 PM, Haywarduck said:

Love it, predictions for season ending awards! 

DJ was a top 100 recruit in his class, so he has always been an elite talent. He is a 5th or 6th year senior, so he is a grown man now. We had 5 edge guys go 1st round this draft. 

DJ certainly plays a spot that get lots of 1st round takes and there will be plenty of scouts watching Sewell, Flowe and him

On 5/25/2022 at 1:26 PM, Haywarduck said:

Flowe won the High School Butkus award. Who knows, if Flowe stays healthy they could go 1, 2 for the Butkus and on the draft board for LB's. I can dream can't I!

Bosworth, what a joke! Mr. supplement, illegal supplement that is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnDlFKTNkeE

For those that got to watch Bo Jackson play in college and the NFL that was a special time. What an amazing athlete. Watching him break bats like twigs in baseball was always entertaining. Love watching his highlights in both sports. 

That play pretty much ended Bosworth’s football career. Of course, most NFL defensive guys had their hands full with Bo Jackson. 

I loved Bo Jackson, even though he played for Auburn, a  bitter rival.  I didn't attend many baseball games at Georgia, but the most memorable was one involving Bo Jackson. In that game Bo hit three of the longest home runs that I have ever witnessed anywhere. All were over 450 feet and one was measured at 480 something feet. 

Bo was a man playing with boys on that particular day.

On 5/25/2022 at 3:08 PM, shawnski said:

A heat seeking missle!

If Flowe can stay healthy, this should propell Sewell to the top. 

I worry that a healthy Flowe would split the vote.  Although I'd rather see the D dominate than have any personal awards.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/27/2022 at 8:57 PM, chrisjenn99 said:

I worry that a healthy Flowe would split the vote.  Although I'd rather see the D dominate than have any personal awards.

Both are good players in my opinion, but I think that Sewell has the greater upside. Nice debate to  have though.