Log Haulin

Ducks Break the House?

USATSI_18139434.jpg?w=640
DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Is the betting line for Oregon vs. Georgia showing too little faith in Dan Lanning and the Ducks? We discuss…

Oregon has to make the betting sites nervous.  Hard to know how good these Ducks will be. There are some absolute studs on this team and DL has been a rockstar at every level so far. My money is on Oregon keeping it to one score win or lose. 

As someone who has never placed a bet on sports and never plans to, the spread is too much. It will be hard to beat UG in Atlanta, but I'm expecting a competitive game.

Anything over 10 points and I would take Oregon, maybe even make my first sports wager ever.

I cannot believe this line...I've never bet, and for the first time am tempted.

• Oh no! 1

Mr. FishDuck

Mario’s game plan on both sides of the ball seemed to be based on a conservative play not to lose philosophy. This would be appropriate for an under dog team just trying to keep it close into the fourth quarter.

Lanning seems to embrace a pedal to the metal philosophy that trusts his play makers to make plays. I think Lanning’s mentality fits this roster much better and I think that makes the Ducks far more dangerous than the odds makers predict.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

As far as betting, I'd jump on Oregon + 17.5, which is why I imagine the spread will get closer by kickoff?

On 5/29/2022 at 3:13 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

Mario’s game plan on both sides of the ball seemed to be based on a conservative play not to lose philosophy. This would be appropriate for an under dog team just trying to keep it close into the fourth quarter.

Lanning seems to embrace a pedal to the metal philosophy that trusts his play makers to make plays. I think Lanning’s mentality fits this roster much better and I think that makes the Ducks far more dangerous than the odds makers predict.

I think this is exactly what makes the betting sites nervous. If Lanning gets a dynamic offense clicking it could be a very interesting outcome. If Nix is off, or the team needs time to put it all together then it could get ugly. The number of outcomes would seem to be endless.

I just hope the fanbase is understands the betting sites don't put things out there to lose money. I say that not for betting, but so we can revel in an upset or look forward to growth without an expectation of a miracle.

On 5/29/2022 at 3:08 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I cannot believe this line...I've never bet, and for the first time am tempted.

Leave the apple be.

• Haha 1