Charles Fischer

Canzano: Sneaky Pac-12 Football Contenders are Lurking

Is he serious?  Washington is a sneaky contender?  But I do respect Nigel Burton...

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43
WWW.JOHNCANZANO.COM

Also... the WNBA to Portland?

Mr. FishDuck

I think some of the Husky love is based on a relatively high roster composite index....or some such metric of overall talent.  Many Petersen leftovers still on the squad, plus the 5 star legacy QB who is on travel squad, I think?  Add in some respect for DeBoer as the anti-Lake, plus basic Husky delusion (Burton is a Doog, but I agree a good analyst) and there you have it!

Interesting WNBA take.  I think Jobs' widow, who is rumored to be a potential Blazer buyer, has also tried for a WNBA franchise ownership in the past.  Maybe she is willing to throw tons of tech money at the Rose Quarter, like Paul Allen did?  If they get Sabrina, I might actually tune into a game or two....unlike the Blazers who, IMHO, should just admit defeat already and trade Lillard too.  They always hang onto the single aging ex-All Star too long.

• Like 1

Well Nigel, I think the Huskies will start 2-0, with home wins over Kent State and Portland State, so big ARF!!! Then the Spartans come in, a big test for The Bore before Stanford and the first conference game, so 4-0 is possible. The Huskies have a very fortuitous conference schedule.

If somehow Portland could get a WNBA team and Sabrina, then Graves might consider it. But a move to the WNBA for a coach of a team as good as is Oregon is not the same as Altman to the NBA. Does anybody jhere care or even know that the WNBA season started a couple of weeks ago?

• Thumbs Up 1

Interesting from the outright favorite in past, to now the dark horse favorite. The dawgs will always be the favorite to some, I suppose. 

As far as Utah and WSU I think this year will be different because they won't have that underdog hanging on them. When everyone says you can't there is a fire within a team we saw with Utah and WSU last season.

You can't, at least I hope they can't, recreate what happened last year with Utah. That type of inspiration only comes around every so often, and it won't be there this year. 

As far as WSU they also no longer have the disarray they turned into a ray of focus few teams had. They now have a coach who has to recreate the same magic, which won't be easy. If he does then WSU has, once again, made a head coach, and he won't be there long.

As far as the south UCLA will be interesting and the sc team will be one to watch. Actually few people will go to their games, but the program may be on the rise.

The real story will be Oregon winning the National Title. I, once again, pick Oregon to win it all!

• Cool 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

By talent alone, Oregon and USC (blech) are really the only contenders.

Oregon if it can stop losing to teams it has no business losing to

USC if it can get out of its own way.

No one else has done it and probably won't. Utah hopes lighting strikes twice? It doesn't - except in The Great Outdoors

Sure you can be a "dark-horse" in June, but can you be a horse at Thanksgiving? 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 6/2/2022 at 9:46 AM, shawnski said:

Utah hopes lighting strikes twice? It doesn't - except in The Great Outdoors

Who knows the spot in Oregon where lightening has struck the most times?

The Cascade Mts.

On 6/2/2022 at 10:46 AM, Duck 1972 said:

The Cascade Mts.

Yes, it is a particular spot in the Cacade Mountain range.

On 6/2/2022 at 10:29 AM, ICamel said:

Who knows the spot in Oregon where lightening has struck the most times?

My backyard BBQ

Judging from the look of its peak, I would say Three-Fingered Jack!

Or, since I got lucky once or twice at Cougar Hot Springs I am going with Mckenzie Bridge

On 6/2/2022 at 11:42 AM, EastBayDuckDad said:

My backyard BBQ

Nope!

On 6/2/2022 at 12:10 PM, idontrollonshobbas said:

Judging from the look of its peak, I would say Three-Fingered Jack!

Or, since I got lucky once or twice at Cougar Hot Springs I am going with Mckenzie Bridge

Negative! But I hope you got a charge out of it 🌩️

On 6/2/2022 at 9:39 AM, Haywarduck said:

You can't, at least I hope they can't, recreate what happened last year with Utah. That type of inspiration only comes around every so often, and it won't be there this year. 

Not only will Utah have trouble recreating their own energy this season, last season's fire coincided with Oregon's meltdown that isn't going to be there either. 

According to Duckwire UW has the 2nd weakest schedule behind UCLA. Only makes sense that they could be a sneaky contender. But what's sneaky about a weak schedule?

On 6/2/2022 at 1:41 PM, GODUCKS15 said:

According to Duckwire UW has the 2nd weakest schedule behind UCLA. Only makes sense that they could be a sneaky contender. But what's sneaky about a weak schedule?

The dawgs games are actually the weakest part of a few teams schedule. No longer are the dawgs feared or revered. 

A day to remember September 4, 2021 at the mistake on the lake, Montana 13-7! Pick the dawgs as a contender or lurking at your own risk.

On 6/2/2022 at 9:39 AM, Haywarduck said:

The real story will be Oregon winning the National Title. I, once again, pick Oregon to win it all

You should like Kool Aide Mike!!!!

• Let’s hope! 1