Babyjesus615

Could This Be the Best Tight End Room in a Decade?

We have two of the top 10 TEs from the same recruiting class pushing for full-time starting reps as well as a ton of experience in Spencer Webb as a cushion. Are you excited to see what coach Dillingham does with this talent?

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Yes!!

Let's not forget Cam McCormick. If he gets healthy, he is a stud!

And Patrick Herbert is full of potential. 

We also gained a talented walk on.

Our TE room is Awesome!

With Dillingham designing plays to gain mis-matches, our TE's will have an amazing year.

• Thumbs Up 3

I've been a Spencer Webb fan and hate that he doesn't see the field more often than he does. Granted, forever in my mind is etched the touchdown catch against Auburn where he stepped over the defender, so maybe I'm jaded. At any rate, I've wanted to see more of him on the field...

• Thumbs Up 2

On 6/8/2022 at 5:51 AM, Wrathis said:

I've been a Spencer Webb fan and hate that he doesn't see the field more often than he does. Granted, forever in my mind is etched the touchdown catch against Auburn where he stepped over the defender, so maybe I'm jaded. At any rate, I've wanted to see more of him on the field...

Blocking is such an important part of a tight end’s skill set. Perhaps Webb’s lack of playing time has more to do with that than catching passes. Just a thought.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/8/2022 at 9:48 AM, DUCKED said:

Blocking is such an important part of a tight end’s skill set. Perhaps Webb’s lack of playing time has more to do with that than catching passes. Just a thought.

I expect that's exactly what's kept him off the field...There have been great TE's who didn't have blocking as their greatest attribute, they were more of an oversized slot receiver. However, a TE is a new QB's best friend. That being the case, I expect we'll see more of him this season than we have in past seasons.

I do remember MC saying blocking was the most important thing to play TE for him. It's especially important if you're a run first team.

Don't sleep on Herbert. Last year he was making a case to be in the mix. Hopefully our new training staff will keep him healthy. 

I so want Cam McCormick to have a great year.  When I see in the article he is a ...."seventh year senior,"...

• Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

On 6/8/2022 at 5:15 PM, Duck 1972 said:

I do remember MC saying blocking was the most important thing to play TE for him. It's especially important if you're a run first team.

Of course that was the most important thing for Mari, bc we all know that he had ZERO intentions of throwing a football...

• Haha 1

On 6/8/2022 at 3:15 PM, Duck 1972 said:

Our current coaches have said the same thing. The ideal TE is a guy who can block like an O-line men but have soft hands. Oh yeah, and be tall.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/9/2022 at 12:04 PM, DanLduck said:

Our current coaches have said the same thing. The ideal TE is a guy who can block like an O-line men but have soft hands. Oh yeah, and be tall.

Precisely!!