DanLduck

Does Oregon Have a Potential QB Dilemma??

AAYRYv7.img?h=315&w=600&m=6&q=60&o=t&l=f
WWW.MSN.COM

One of Oregon's top quarterback targets will come off the board soon

With Dontae Moore on campus this weekend, who does Oregon encourage?

• Go Ducks! 1

We have reached the point as a program we don't have problems; we have obstacles and challenges. 

Dante Moore is The Guy we want. 

Johnson is a take for me just on his Sunshine Look.

But if we don't get an Elite QB in this class it's not the end of the world. There are only so many Elite QB prospects each year and some years you might bet all in on an Elite 5-star and loose out.

That don't kill you because you have the Portal. Ewers, Caleb Williams, Jaxson Dart, Penix Jr, Keeden Slovis, Daniels at ASU, Delarua at Wazzu, and other OB's I know I'm missing all moved in the Portal this year. Plus, the kid from Incarnate Wood went to Wazzu with his OC Eric Morris.

We got 3 Dudes in Bo, Butters, and Ty the QB room isn't in crisis and can live without a QB this year

Edited by DazeNconfused
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 6/25/2022 at 6:11 PM, DazeNconfused said:

We have reached the point as a program we don't have problems; we have obstacles and challenges. 

Dante Moore is The Guy we want. 

Johnson is a take for me just on his Sunshine Look.

But if we don't get an Elite QB in this class it's not the end of the world. There are only so many Elite QB prospects each year and some years you might bet all in on an Elite 5-star and loose out.

That don't kill you because you have the Portal. Ewers, Caleb Williams, Jaxson Dart, Penix Jr, Keeden Slovis, Daniels at ASU, Delarua at Wazzu, and other OB's I know I'm missing all moved in the Portal this year. Plus, the kid from Incarnate Wood went to Wazzu with his OC Eric Morris.

We got 3 Dudes in Bo, Butters, and Ty the QB room isn't in crisis and can live without a QB this year

True, and there will always be dudes in the portal. For example, it's hard to believe both Manning and Ewers will stay 4 years at Texas. $$ or no $$.

• Thumbs Up 2

What's the dilemma? three good QBs in the room, and two possible great recruits. 

Maybe if Johnson wants to commit, but the Ducks are waiting on Moore, but I have to think the coaches will know where they stand with each. 

Right now, Nix looks poised to reach some of that unrealized potential. Ty just smoked 'em at the Manning Camp and Butters looked great in the Spring game. 

Whoever starts will have a more than capable back up and even third string guy.

A whole lot of schools would love to have Oregon's dilemma.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Cool 1

On 6/25/2022 at 8:33 PM, DuckIt said:

I LOVE that. Multi sport qb's make the best quarterbacks!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Johnson was with his best friend, a WR at his announcement. He chose K St. And is working hard to get Johnson with him. It's between us and K St. 

We will know on the 5th of July what he does. in my opinion he goes K St.

Agree with Dazed, recruiting qb's is a whole different world with the transfer portal. You go after as sure as a bet as there is, and if you don't get him no sweat.

The portal gives you plenty of choices of proven college qb's. One question is would you go for an Ewers who may not play again this year, or a kid who is lighting it up in a lower status school? I tend to think you look at the lower ranked colleges as the development league. Don't waste your money, and and time on the top camp kids, sign a gamer from a EWU, or Wyoming.

The other direction Oregon has gone is to sign walk-ons to help with the practice team. Seems like at least one of these guys doesn't has a better chance of winning the lottery than starting. You then have lots of time to focus on developing your top three qb's. 

All I know is this staff is doing a lights out job compared to our previous staff. The qb position will bring us our O back!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/26/2022 at 8:00 AM, Haywarduck said:

One question is would you go for an Ewers who may not play again this year, or a kid who is lighting it up in a lower status school? I tend to think you look at the lower ranked colleges as the development league. Don't waste your money, and and time on the top camp kids, sign a gamer from a EWU, or Wyoming.

Ewers had a I think a perfect 100 rating as a recruit, so if he wants to come and sit a year you TAKE him all day long. 

You also take the next Cameren Ward who just moved from Incarnate Word to Wazzu.

Then you let the QB1 shake out on the practice field.

You also spend the time and money to chase the top camp QB's knowing your going to hit and miss some years. You have to be playing the game on all three levels.

Then you accept that some of your QB's are going to leave you through the Portal as they are at all the schools. If Bo can have a really solid year that will give Coach Dilly currency to throw his hat in the ring for the Elite QB's who hit the Portal. 

Edited by DazeNconfused
  • Thumbs Up 1