GatOrlando

The Ducks Will be Fine

Hi there Duck fans. Starting out the year my favorite team will be opening up against Utah. I don't know much about them, but am excited to see a new opponent to open the year.

Anyhow, the point of my post is to just let you know that Duck fans are nationwide. I live in Arizona now, but am from Florida. I hated the additions of Texas, and Oklahoma last year. It was sleazy, underhanded, and nothing but a cash grab . Now I see the so called virtuous B1G has done the same thing they criticized the SEC for last year . It's disgusting, but this is the reality of life.

Your Ducks will be scooped up by any lucky conference. I believe the B1G is your ultimate home, so you won't be left in the cold. ASU fans are frantic right now. Their future is much less clear imo. Anyway I just wanted to add my two cents. Hope to see a game sometime between Florida, and Oregon. Hopefully we can beat down the Utes this year.

• Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

It was very kind of you to sign up and share your good sentiments.  While half the conference will be scrambling to avoid a bad situation--I feel for them too, as we all have so much history together.

I think Oregon will be fine, but it will be nerve-wracking until we know for certain.  Amazing how two schools blindsided us and really turned lives upside down. 

Mr. FishDuck

On 7/1/2022 at 1:25 AM, GatOrlando said:

Your Ducks will be scooped up by any lucky conference. I believe the B1G is your ultimate home, so you won't be left in the cold. ASU fans are frantic right now. Their future is much less clear imo. Anyway I just wanted to add my two cents. Hope to see a game sometime between Florida, and Oregon. Hopefully we can beat down the Utes this year.

My fingers are crossed that you're correct and that's where we land.  I think you're right that we are in a good position as far as getting picked up (outside of ND). 

ND can pick where they go but after them, I think we are the next hottest girl at the dance.  I wouldn't be surprised if the B1G are going to ask ND again if they want in before they make any other moves but once ND gives them an answer, I think we will get a serious look.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just my prediction but I think Oregon, Washington, USC, & UCLA  will be in the Big10, possibly Cal or Stanford & maybe Utah.  Only 6 though.  That will be the Western pod of the Big 10.  We will play our fellow pod members every year and our traditional rival (Oregon State for us) as an out of conference game every year.   

Probably 4 additional games against other Big 10 teams and two out of conference teams.   

Notre Dame is in the conference if they want it I think they stay independent.  

The rest of the Pac-12 is probably destined for the Big-12.  

I never thought I would see the demise of the Pac-12 in my lifetime, but to many bonehead decisions by the people in charge left the conference vulnerable and easy pickins.  

Looking back on it now the Pac-12 was the most obvious conference to get picked off. 

On 7/1/2022 at 6:57 AM, Quackerbacker said:

Looking back on it now the Pac-12 was the most obvious conference to get picked off. 

Geographically speaking not so much. I mean the LA schools are looking at 4+ hour plane trips per away game right now if they are the only ones to make this move. 

And that doesn't play into the logistics of everything else. I mean think of those poor equipment truck drivers for football teams. They are going to have to drive across country for every single game, no relatively short trips, besides the across town one. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The PAC had its chance to deal from a position of strength. As many on this awesome forum pointed out, they failed to act.

The 12 Presidents told GK to announce to the college sports world that the PAC was in a great position with its current membership. Well thst great position lasted less than 6 months!

The 12 Presidents spurned the remaining BIG 12 members and thus placed the PAC in a vulnerable position.  Hows that decision working out for the PAC members now?

My Dad taught me long ago in the 1950's that opportunity and preparedness must meet at the same intersection at the same time.

When Texas and OU made their decision to jump ship many doors opened with opportunities. The PAC must have been at the wrong intersection.

Well the remaining  members are at a crossroad now. Be interesting to see how the rats scramble off of this sinking ship. After all they sunk their own ship.

Forum members i get the feeling the Ducks will be in a better place when the dust settles.  Imagine a basketball weekend where the Ducks and huskies are traveling partners. Did that leave a bad taste in your mouth or what?

GO DUCKS.......

Not from a geographic point of view form a money point of view.  How much did it cost USC & UCLA to leave the PAC-12....zilch!  Every other conference has a buyout.  It's all about the money and that made the decision an easy one, unfortunately.

On 7/1/2022 at 7:19 AM, HappyToBeADuck said:

My Dad taught me long ago in the 1950's that opportunity and preparedness must meet at the same intersection at the same time.

GO DUCKS.......

Great stuff, I was taught luck was opportunity and preparedness meeting at the same intersection, same time. One must be ready, prepared and moving in the right direction. Sitting around will get you run over.

I am afraid that is what has happened to George. The Pac-12 just got run over, not prepared, and not moving in the right direction. Much like the dawgs, all you are left with is excuses.

• Thumbs Up 1

Heard a report the B1G has informed Washington, and Oregon that they are awaiting Notre Dame's response before moving on with any future expansion. I really just want Notre Dame to be pulled from their pedastal at this point. They really feel like they run the sport, and everybody let's them do it by not forcing their hand. The ACC, B1G, SEC, and Big 12 could just tell them to join a conference or bar them from playing their members. It's all about money, but the B1G needs two other western teams right now. 

There will be a future where there are 20 teams in the SEC, and B1G.

The B1G west can have:

Pac division pod

1.) USC

2.) UCLA

3.) Oregon

4.) Washington

5.) Stanford

Valley division pod

1.)Nebraska

2.)Kansas

3.)Iowa

4.)Minnesota

5.)Wisconsin

If Notre Dame joins you can put them in the East division with their traditional rivals like Michigan, Michigan State, and Ohio State. Add Penn State in there and you have a pretty equally balanced league imo. You could switch out Notre Dame with Minnesota if you really wanted to even it out.

Edit: I realized by adding Notre Dame, Kansas, and Stanford I have 21 teams🙃. I still like my model, so I'm gonna leave it. If the B1G can say they are the B1G with 16 teams, I can say 21 is 20

Edited by GatOrlando
Mistaken math