Tandaian

Pac 12 on Life Support and Larry Scott Put it There

When the Trojans and Bruins join the Big Ten, the Power Five will become a Power Two. 

USATSI_13757480_168381178_lowres-1200x62
SATURDAYOUTWEST.COM

With USC and UCLA planning to leave the Pac-12 in 2024, the tenure of Larry Scott is creating one last headache.

The Pac 12 is Dead, so is the ACC and the Big 12.

It's all the SEC and Big 10 Super Conferences now.

I was on a Miami board last night and they think the ACC is Dead. They are ready to jump ship now!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/1/2022 at 9:03 AM, DazeNconfused said:

The Pac 12 is Dead, so is the ACC and the Big 12.

It's all the SEC and Big 10 Super Conferences now.

I was on a Miami board last night and they think the ACC is Dead. They are ready to jump ship now!

UO and Miami both joining the SEC would sure make things interesting.

• Go Ducks! 1

We are also seeing in programs what we are seeing with our student athletes, a liberal use of the transfer portal. I look for more transfers to happen with the programs which are highly desirable. Oregon, fortunately, is in the group of highly desirables, unlike many of our Pac-12 mates.

Too bad sc and ucla decided to go it alone. I suppose the school known as the university of spoiled children, and another school known for it's players getting handicap parking passes, thinking only of oneself comes naturally. 

I want Oregon to lay the wood on these guys even more now!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/1/2022 at 9:16 AM, Haywarduck said:

We are also seeing in programs what we are seeing with our student athletes, a liberal use of the transfer portal. I look for more transfers to happen with the programs which are highly desirable. Oregon, fortunately, is in the group of highly desirables, unlike many of our Pac-12 mates.

Too bad sc and ucla decided to go it alone. I suppose the school known as the university of spoiled children, and another school known for it's players getting handicap parking passes, thinking only of oneself comes naturally. 

I want Oregon to lay the wood on these guys even more now!

Every other school in the Pac are going to be a little more excited come game day against the LA schools. Going to hit a little harder, be a little faster. I would hate to be a Bruin or Trojan at the bottom of a scrum. They will emerge with teeth marks, knuckle bruises and the like. Oh well, play on.

I don't see a clear way for Miami or any of the other ACC schools to make a move right now unless the ACC waives their buyout fee.  It would cost a school a huge amount of money right now to leave the ACC. 

I'm not an expert on this does anyone have any thoughts on how that could actually happen?

On 7/1/2022 at 9:29 AM, Quackerbacker said:

I don't see a clear way for Miami or any of the other ACC schools to make a move right now unless the ACC waives their buyout fee.  It would cost a school a huge amount of money right now to leave the ACC. 

I'm not an expert on this does anyone have any thoughts on how that could actually happen?

Mariø brother inlaw

• Haha 1

Larry Scott is the type of guy that is all show and has little substance. Many financial decisions that he made enhanced his lifestyle and did little to enhance the members of the PAC 12.  

If you blame Larry Scott, I think you also need to blame the people that let him keep his job. Anybody that has owned, or run a business knows that oversight, and review of work needs to be done diligently. Under no circumstances would I have allowed the expenses that Larry Scott incurred. 

Overall, this is not just one persons fault. 

It’s now time to get to work, make difficult decisions, and secure the future of the University of Oregon, and it’s sports programs. 

Edited by Drake
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Exactly Drake.  This was a HUGE failure of the PAC-12 school presidents.  Hiring Larry Scott was obviously a mistake but to not correct that misstep 5 years ago was just criminal.  The demise of the PAC-12 is just as much the fault of the PAC-12 school presidents as it is Larry Scott.   

I feel sick to my stomach over this but we (Oregon) has to move on now and make the best move for the University.  Moving to the Big 10 is the best option along with a few other teams from the PAC.  The financial payout we will receive each year once a member of the Big 10 will be huge.

I hate to say this but this could actually be a boon to Oregon going forward.    I never hoped or wanted the end of the PAC-12 but now that it's here the additional $$ we receive plus playing across so many time zones against teams with large fan bases will only enhance the Oregon brand.

• Thumbs Up 1