WFO

Not so fast UCLA...

USC is a private school and can do what they want.

UCLA is a state school and the state of California may have something to say about them teaming up with the Midwest.

Article explaining the possible issues:

AAZ4Ajg.img?h=630&w=1200&m=6&q=60&o=t&l=
WWW.MSN.COM

UCLA has an Everest-sized mountain of problems to surmount to join the B1G.

• Yikes! 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 3:09 PM, WFO said:

USC is a private school and can do what they want.

UCLA is a state school and the state of California may have something to say about them teaming up with the Midwest.

Article explaining the possible issues:

AAZ4Ajg.img?h=630&w=1200&m=6&q=60&o=t&l=
WWW.MSN.COM

UCLA has an Everest-sized mountain of problems to surmount to join the B1G.

Pass the popcorn. This should get interesting.

• Haha 2
  • Like 1

Things just got very interesting!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Yikes! I will leave my comment there. Going to be tough to stay out of politics on this one Charles. Thanks for the info but I am going to try and leave it alone for now. Be interesting to see how this shakes out.

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn’t even think about this factor and as the author notes, it’s non-trivial especially in light of non sporting news.  

This also make’s abandoning Cal even more problematic. 

I don’t know how this would impact Stanford as they are private but I’m not sure they would want to take on such a third rail issue in the state if it kiboshed UCLA

I would hope UCLA already thought this through and felt they could work within the current legal constraints but if not, this is going to be a train wreck.  I mean catastrophically embarrassing.  Like people getting fired bad.  

The pressure to not make exceptions to these legal constraints so to enable this move will be beyond enormous (I have a value opinion on this but regardless of what that is, this statement is simply one of fact)

Edited by CalBear95
  • Thumbs Up 1

If UCLA is forced to stay in the PAC then the conference could be on life support as the other west coast public schools will probably find themselves in a similar situation. 

What I could see happening is a deal being made to send the pac-8 at least to join a mega conference. 

The one thing that hasn't been brought up but is still in play but there are some lack luster schools and teams within the B1G and even the SEC. 

The PAC and ACC doesn't have a monopoly on bad teams and teams that don't generate revenue. 

• Thumbs Up 3

very interesting.

I agree Log-Haulin...I am going to lock the thread.  People can read the article, but this could turn ugly in a heartbeat.

Sometimes you don't always see
all the consequences at first...

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck