1Funduck

Can the Pac-12 Stay Together?

UCLA and USC are gone. Thats all but been determined. The remaining value of the conference sits around $300 million. How do we increase the revenue per team with an expansion? Texas Tech, Baylor, Oklahoma St, (Kansas or Houston)? Can this quad increase the value by $30+ million per team? Can we get to $40 million per team? What teams can make that happen and still have a Super Conference?

Pac 12 is living on borrowed time a loose partnership will not work with the ACC and no Big 12 schools are gonna leave for the Pac 12

Oregon needs to go lights out the next two seasons. Make the CFP and play in championship game. Who knows, maybe even win the whole thing with Mariø's recruits. 

That will increase the value. Oregon has been carrying this conference for years. Got a little help from Utes  and Fusky a few years back. But for the most part its been all Ducks.

If Oregon decides to save the Pac they need to go all in on NIL, portal, recruiting. Most of all out of conf, starting with Sept 3rd. Ducks hold their own fate in their hands. No excuses.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Great post! 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

What PAC teams need to do is WIN OOC games--Wouldnt we all love if Stanford beats USC or Beavis kicks @$$ over UCLA? All it takes is a couple of big time OOC games against the GA's, Penn St's -We already have a win over tOSU. I want to see everyone in the PAC do better except for the Fuskies.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

LSorry 1Duck1 we also need UW to kick a**. Then when we beat them it's better for us. We need all the remaining PAC to win games especially ooc. We can root for the PAC and still hate UW and uncivilized spoiled children. And destroy every one we play.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 7/8/2022 at 1:10 PM, Duck 1972 said:

LSorry 1Duck1 we also need UW to kick a**. Then when we beat them it's better for us. We need all the remaining PAC to win games especially ooc. We can root for the PAC and still hate UW and uncivilized spoiled children. And destroy every one we play.

I know you are right but it is funny when they lose to Montana-and Eastern Washington.

• Cool 1
  • Great post! 1

On 7/7/2022 at 4:57 PM, Log Haulin said:

Oregon has been carrying this conference for years. Got a little help from Utes  and Fusky a few years back. But for the most part its been all Ducks.

Don't forget about Stanford.  Can't believe that they've disappeared.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yes Duck 1972 and 1ducker1 are right on. Winning draws fans and gets TV sets turned on.

Regardless of how we all move forward all schools need to invest time and money into winning. Start competing against our DUCKS and stop just collecting checks.

The PAC can stay together and thrive. Just around the $30-$40 million dollar range. Not the $70-$100 million range.

GEEZ that just looks bad.

On 7/8/2022 at 1:53 PM, HappyToBeADuck said:

Yes Duck 1972 and 1ducker1 are right on. Winning draws fans and gets TV sets turned on.

Regardless of how we all move forward all schools need to invest time and money into winning. Start competing against our DUCKS and stop just collecting checks.

The PAC can stay together and thrive. Just around the $30-$40 million dollar range. Not the $70-$100 million range.

GEEZ that just looks bad.

But...... An Oregon beating a Notre Dame will eventually bring in higher dollars. Cal beating Northwestern or Wisconsin -same thing. The PAC made its own bed for being whimps.

• Go Ducks! 1

I guess what Im saying is that whatever conference our teams end up in, Winning is the answer!

If San Diego St was in the PAC right now my money says they are the 3rd or 4th best team--

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't know history tells us that a good group of 5 team transferring into a P 5 conference takes a while to get to be 1 of the top tier of the league. 

And as far as TV money the reality is it takes a population base with a blue blood school like the uncivilized spoiled children, to get more money. Let's say one in 1/4 of TVs in OR are watching a Duck game that's one million eyeballs. Now lets take LA La Land alone 1/4 of sets equals 3 million. TV advertising is what matters. 

On 7/8/2022 at 1:53 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

I want to see everyone in the PAC do better except for the Fuskies.

I'd rather have those dogs do well - right up until they play us. It's so nice to send them home with their tails between their legs. It also boosts our rating

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

A huge part of me wants to go full animal house on these d-bags. Kick the 2 to the curb NOW. Let the lawsuits fly. Cancel every game with the brutis brothers.

stabed in the heart through the back. 

• Mic drop 1

On 7/8/2022 at 3:19 PM, Duck 1972 said:

I don't know history tells us that a good group of 5 team transferring into a P 5 conference takes a while to get to be 1 of the top tier of the league. 

And as far as TV money the reality is it takes a population base with a blue blood school like the uncivilized spoiled children, to get more money. Let's say one in 1/4 of TVs in OR are watching a Duck game that's one million eyeballs. Now lets take LA La Land alone 1/4 of sets equals 3 million. TV advertising is what matters. 

Ok but lets say every time the Ducks are on network TV they draw 2 mill viewers does it matter that they come from Oregon?

Fuskies need (desperately) to learn how to be their newly minted nenesises such as Montana and EWU... "Then, pop off!"

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/10/2022 at 8:33 AM, 1Ducker1 said:

Ok but lets say every time the Ducks are on network TV they draw 2 mill viewers does it matter that they come from Oregon?

Again how could you qualify it years in advance. Didn't we have a big dip in 2016/17/18. From what I have been reading the high numbers don't seem to matter as much. I've never been involved in any kind of advertising so I've have to just pass on what I've been hearing.