Pennsylvania Duck

Pac-12 Coaches Talk Anonymously About Conference Foes for 2022...Interesting What They Say About Each Other

Wouldn't it be interesting to know who is saying what? We can only guess.

tavionthomas_2021.jpg
ATHLONSPORTS.COM

A breakdown of coaches anonymously discussing other Pac-12 teams for the 2022 season.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Good article. The observations seem sound and not driven by spite. 

These articles are usually fun because you get some candid points. The ones in Cal and Oregon State are both good. 

The points on Oregon scream of "we know nothing about the program right now and this is what we've read."

So not much on what other coaches think about Oregon. We know much of the pac-12 hated the Cristobal era in terms of recruiting and they questioned his coaching ability... That's a shocker. 

But they know nothing about Lanning. 

On 8/4/2022 at 9:31 AM, David Marsh said:

These articles are usually fun because you get some candid points

They'd be even more candid if they weren't anonymous, but then they wouldn't say anything.

"There's a disconnect at UW that they're Notre Dame or Michigan. They aren't. They never have been."

Love this line from the article...and I never want to miss an opportunity to dunk on the dogs up north. 

-HUCK THE FUSKIES-

Edited by Wrathis
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

There's a disconnect at UW that they're Notre Dame or Michigan. They aren't. They never have been.  😂

• Oh no! 1
  • Great post! 1

The interesting one was comparing OSU to Utah. Utah has built a program over many, many years. OSU is building, but it will take quite a few more years for the beavs to reach the Utes level.

It seem many programs in the Pac-? are attempting to create what Utah has. There is the Oregon and SC template, recruit elite, and try to win every season, and the rest are trying to imitate what Kyle Whittingham has created, not easy. Recruiting the underdogs and developing a culture and system of winning is a tough one to replicate.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just don’t get all the fawning over Riley. He and his teams always come across as whiny and entitled. That’s what makes him such a good match for USC.

• Thanks 1

Wow, that was a fun read. Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

I am always a bit dubious of these types of articles.  I get the whole anonymous thing to an extent.  I just have to say that I personally would be reluctant to do something like this.  There's some interesting stuff in there for sure but for me the whole premise is unsettling.

I am sure there are some coaches in the conference who really don't like one another.  It was always interesting to me that there seemed to be a dislike of MC by some of the other coaches.  Don't know who specifically did not like him or what the rationale was but heard from multiple connected sources that some were not sorry to see him move on.

My two cents.