David Marsh

Miami Fans Should Be Beware of Cristobal and Their Prized QB

So apparently Anthony Brown had a pretty good preseason game. 

401437967.png?templateId=espn.com.share.
WWW.ESPN.COM

Get a summary of the Tennessee Titans vs. Baltimore Ravens football game

Herbert was stunted for multiple reasons between scheme and not having a stable of receivers to throw to. 

But Brown had some good receivers available and the scheme, even with Moorhead, didn't do him any favors. 

But I this preseason NFL game Brown had some good plays and went 10-15 passing. And some of those passing plays were vertical throws. 

So Maimi... You all better look out. That prized quarterback you have on your roster now, and your 2023 5 star in Rashada who your boosters are paying 9 mil for, may not turn out to do much of anything. 

Though they may make the NFL despite Cristobal so who knows. 

• Thumbs Up 2

See comment from Addicted to Quack today regarding Brown in Titan's preseason game. It's a shame we see a QB's potential after they leave.

Edited by Pennsylvania Duck
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This was what I always wondered about with AB. The guy had the heart of a lion, and his statistics went down under the qb killer.

Now the questions are how high will Robby Ashford rise at Auburn? Also is Ty, and Butters much better than they were assumed as AB's back-ups? 

Finally can a qb at Miami actually put up some stats, and improve under the coach who can stifle a rifle, suffocate a star, and strangle every angle a qb has at success.

Mopes and Slurpes, are you paying attention?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 2

On 8/12/2022 at 9:29 AM, Haywarduck said:

Now the questions are how high will Robby Ashford rise at Auburn?

I just saw something about Ashford at Auburn recently. Apparently he is doing quite well. Here is quote from Auburn practice report.

Auburn football practice is underway. Robby Ashford took reps with the starting offense with Tank Bigsby, Malcolm Johnson Jr., and Tar'Varish Dawson. Zach Calzada took reps with the second unit with Jarquez Hunter, Koy Moore, and other Auburn football players.

Also, he looked good in their spring game (A Day). Check it out below.

Edited by Pennsylvania Duck
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mario hired Gattis as his OC who had the power run game with play action at Michigan last year. Gattis is Mario's OC hire that he thinks can really fit the power scheme he wants to run.  

Mario thinks he hired his OC that can take his Mario style ball to the playoffs.

Gattis may have won the Broyles award last year, but his offense was 15th in the nation and ran the ball 68% of the time. 

Michigan ran for an average of 100 yards more per game than Miami did last year, and they passed for 100 yards less per game on average. 

Miami fans are going to get the stink eye really quick when they see a lot less TVD passing and a bunch more run plays than last year when TVD broke out and they found out they had a QB.

Edited by DazeNconfused
  • Thumbs Up 2

After a 2022 season of three yards and a cloud of punt, they'll need to add another lane to the exit portal.

• Haha 4

Sometimes I wonder if Cristobal’s affect on his QBs’ passing games could be simply explained as his own dislike during his playing days for pass blocking?

• Thumbs Up 4

On 8/12/2022 at 8:04 AM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

After a 2022 season of three yards and a cloud of punt, they'll need to add another lane to the exit portal.

A cloud of punt... awesome line there!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/12/2022 at 8:04 AM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

three yards and a cloud of punt

I hope you forgive me if I "borrow" that phrase. 😉

On 8/12/2022 at 6:50 AM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

I just saw something about Ashford at Auburn recently. Apparently he is doing quite well. Here is quote from Auburn practice report.

Auburn football practice is underway. Robby Ashford took reps with the starting offense with Tank Bigsby, Malcolm Johnson Jr., and Tar'Varish Dawson. Zach Calzada took reps with the second unit with Jarquez Hunter, Koy Moore, and other Auburn football players.

Also, he looked good in their spring game (A Day). Check it out below.

Nice to see Robby get some good reps. He has the talent to be very good, a pretty good move going to Auburn.

Poppa-C Productions does a nice job of putting together those clips. Thanks for sharing!

• Thumbs Up 1