DrJacksPlaidPants

Former Duck Trey Benson Looks Really Good

Something tells me this dude was underutilized last season. I realize they played a FCS team, but he looked really good  yesterday. So did Pittman.

247SPORTS.COM

Newcomer Report: Trey Benson shines in FSU's win over Duquesne

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/28/2022 at 8:02 AM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Something tells me this dude was underutilized last season. I realize they played a FCS team, but he looked really good  yesterday. So did Pittman.

247SPORTS.COM

Newcomer Report: Trey Benson shines in FSU's win over Duquesne

I agree, Benson looked really good.  I’m not really sure why he left, but it would certainly be nice if Oregon still had him.  But I think the Ducks will be fine at RB without him.  

One question- Wasn’t the reason he was underutilized at Oregon primarily bc of injuries?  I’m not very familiar with that situation, I just assume this bc the announcers in the game seemed to point to that if I’m remembering correctly.

Edited by SoGaDawg

From the FishDuck Feed yesterday, another Trey Benson highlight.

On 8/28/2022 at 8:19 AM, SoGaDawg said:

I agree, Benson looked really good.  I’m not really sure why he left, but it would certainly be nice if Oregon still had him.  But I think the Ducks will be fine at RB without him.  

One question- Wasn’t the reason he was underutilized at Oregon primarily bc of injuries?  

Yes. He was hurt his first year. Knee surgery I think. He seemed healthy last season. I don’t recall any injury reports. MC may have been trying to bring him back slowly.

Edited by DrJacksPlaidPants

Trey Benson was going to be future big time back for Oregon.  Was really sad to see him go to the transfer portal.  They should have utilized him.  I felt Benson and Cardwell was going to be Oregon's future backs.  What a combination they would have been.

Though I feel really good with the committee of backs we now have.

Good for him, wish him well. I also hope Robby Ashford does well too. I wonder if he would have been the back-up qb like he is at Auburn? Jayson Jones is listed as their starting NT. 

From FishDuck Feed, nice article on Trey Benson from Noles' site.

247SPORTS.COM

Trey Benson, Treshaun Ward, and Lawrance Toafili went off against Duquesne

Meh.

As I looked at that replay and others-there was horrible sloppy tackling that would not happen against a P5 opponent.

Benson would have been a good big-back for us, but I think the new freshman Jordan is going to be a better big-back for us.

I wish Trey well.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

He did look good......against Duquesne.   I had a Duquesne barbecue once.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/28/2022 at 12:04 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Meh.

As I looked at that replay and others-there was horrible sloppy tackling that would not happen against a P5 opponent.

Benson would have been a good big-back for us, but I think the new freshman Jordan is going to be a better big-back for us.

I wish Trey well.

On 8/28/2022 at 12:26 PM, idontrollonshobbas said:

He did look good......against Duquesne.   I had a Duquesne barbecue once.

Your guys points are well taken.  Duquesne isn’t exactly a powerhouse, and the tackling was very bad.  

Ugh...and that play was run from the .... Pistol!  🤪 

I once hurt my leg slipping outside in the wet.  After that, I had to use a dew-cane.

Edited by Mudslide
  • Haha 1

On 8/28/2022 at 5:19 AM, SoGaDawg said:

One question- Wasn’t the reason he was underutilized at Oregon primarily bc of injuries?  I’m not very familiar with that situation, I just assume this bc the announcers in the game seemed to point to that if I’m remembering correctly.

Injuries were a factor. Then add the Verdell and Dye combo that just monopolized the run rotation. 

Cardwell only saw the field because Verdell went down with an injury. 

Cristobal's coaching style and approach resulted in a whole lot of close games which means the starters stay on the field the entire game. Backups don't get a chance to see the field. 

• Thumbs Up 3