DazeNconfused

Lanning Says Why Bo Nix Is QB1 If You Read Between The Lines

It's not that Bo is more talented than Ty, it's the pre-snap defense reads that Bo is better at. 

Bo will read the defense and get the Ducks into the right play more than Ty. 

Read the Lanning quote, it shows Ty is still learning and doesn't run the offense as well as Bo. 

"Ty did a great job. And it was fun seeing Ty and Bo and Jay all those guys really operate," said Lanning on his quarterback's performances. "There were a couple times they made some checks based on looks that we've given them during the week. And to be honest, we probably give them maybe once or twice and they were able to get us in good plays based on the looks that we got.

And Ty did a really good job of getting us into a run check on one of the looks that we saw. So that was encouraging.

Went out there and operated. You know we're talking about where the ball should go on certain place and based on the coverage and he was able to read the coverage and take the ball where it needed to go it didn't have to force anything but executed a really high level. I don't think anybody's is excited about Ty's performance is his teammates. You know Ty comes here and works every single day. Rolls his sleeves up, and he did a good job that day."

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

I thought TT had a good showing from what little I could see. It's encouraging to know this coaching staff is getting these players coached up. Reversing the Mariø effect. 

Hopefully Ty will be ready next year and Moore won't have to be thrown to the wolves. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

I thought Ty looked pretty comfortable and not nearly as mechanical as the spring game ---was happy to see both.

• Go Ducks! 2

On 9/11/2022 at 8:27 AM, Log Haulin said:

I thought TT had a good showing from what little I could see. It's encouraging to know this coaching staff is getting these players coached up. Reversing the Mariø effect. 

Hopefully Ty will be ready next year and Moore won't have to be thrown to the wolves. 

On 9/11/2022 at 8:31 AM, 1Ducker1 said:

I thought Ty looked pretty comfortable and not nearly as mechanical as the spring game ---was happy to see both.

I agree with you both. Ty looked much better from the spring game and has said he's learned a ton with his reads.

But it's apparent he isn't good as Bo hearing what Lanning said. Bo has 3 years playing and watching college game films. 

I imagine Ty has his good moments in practice/scrimmage but also the moments where Dilly is asking him why you let that play run into the strength of the defensive set?

IMHO,  the initial post in this thread didn't get enough attention on this forum.  This is the best fact-based assessment that us coaching-staff-outsiders have regarding why Nix is still the starter--along with observations of Ty's playing time during game 2  that suggest he hasn't yet developed the leadership qualities Nix has learned over the years.

On 9/13/2022 at 2:23 PM, CountryProf said:

This is the best fact-based assessment that us coaching-staff-outsiders have regarding why Nix is still the starter

Agreed!!! The coaches see much more than any of us. We all know Ty has the physical skills he just is lacking something mentally. Hopefully the game will start slowing down for him. When it does... he could be special.

So was Lanning's wording in reference to Ty's performance just an off-the-cuff statement, or was he savvy enough to indirectly tell us why Bo's running the show in attempt to squelch the current QB controversy hubbub, without damaging Ty's psyche? 

If the answer is the second part of my previous sentence...Lanning is my hero.  

DazeNconfused - Nice job in bringing this to everyone's attention.  

Amen to all.  This was a great observation and analysis; I'm glad DazeNconfused is on our side!

Bo Nix by Eric Evans of Oregon Football Twitter.jpg

• Thanks 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/13/2022 at 2:23 PM, CountryProf said:

IMHO,  the initial post in this thread didn't get enough attention on this forum.  This is the best fact-based assessment that us coaching-staff-outsiders have regarding why Nix is still the starter--along with observations of Ty's playing time during game 2  that suggest he hasn't yet developed the leadership qualities Nix has learned over the years.

On 9/13/2022 at 3:10 PM, Jester said:

So was Lanning's wording in reference to Ty's performance just an off-the-cuff statement, or was he savvy enough to indirectly tell us why Bo's running the show in attempt to squelch the current QB controversy hubbub, without damaging Ty's psyche? 

If the answer is the second part of my previous sentence...Lanning is my hero.  

DazeNconfused - Nice job in bringing this to everyone's attention.  

Thanks guys. I write articles and share on the forum for you fellow Duck fans. Lots of what I write are just things I talk with my Duck buds. I just have a lot more Duck buds to share with now at FishDuck.

• Thumbs Up 1