Charles Fischer

C'mon Justin Herbert...That is INSANE

Omigosh...what if he could have done that at Oregon?  But I am going to enjoy his NFL career--crazy throw.

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

This is pretty sweet too!  (And insane!)

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Yeah, Herbert is SIC!!!  

Pretty impressive for an honorable mention PAC 12 QB.  Yes there is Mario snark in this post!

• Haha 1

From FishDuck Feed yesterday...NFL coach claims Justin Herbert might be the best QB in the NFL

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Oregon-Ducks-Football-Justin-Herbert-Los-Angeles-Chargers-193270565/

On 9/13/2022 at 1:38 PM, cartm25 said:

Say this to yourself out loud: "We had Justin Herbert at Oregon for 4 years. The QB who would establish himself as, arguably, the best QB in the NFL within his first 3 years in the League; NFL rookie of the year."

Actually, I've resolved to NOT say that anymore as it will just drive me crazy.  My positive spin?  The guy who wasted that talent is no longer here, and we already have a more balanced and robust offense in just two games than the four years under his coaching.

And I am very, very glad for Justin, in overcoming the handicaps applied at Oregon, and yet he is not resentful....in fact still a fan and supporting us.  We are very lucky to have an alumni like him, and it makes me cheer for him all the more.  (Even if he is in...LA)

Herbert in 2020_Chargers Twitter.jpg

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

It's what happens when you have all the natural talent in the world and finally get coaches that know how to develop a QB and design an offense around him.  Justin's gonna demolish NFL defenses for years to come!

Just thinking and typing, which can be tricky, but Elway & Plunkett, maybe the great Joe Kapp, from Stanford and Cal...and of course Dan Fouts from Oregon are the best QB's the Pac has produced in the NFL of course USC gave us all Sanchez. Herbert is on his way yo being better than all of them!

Minnesota Vikings on Twitter: "#TBT: Joe Kapp lights up the Baltimore Colts  for 7 touchdowns on Sept. 28, 1969. http://t.co/lcRDfd3KB9" / Twitter

On 9/13/2022 at 10:42 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Omigosh...what if he could have done that at Oregon?  But I am going to enjoy his NFL career--crazy throw.

He's developing fast before everyone's eyes but he might, (might!) have been able to do something like this when at Oregon if the coaches had only let him.  Just my opinion.  I firmly believe that JH's talent was both developed at and wasted by the University of Oregon.  But, what do I know?  He's doing so well now that his time at University must have been very good for him.

Herbert is physically a big guy that has honed his passing abilities. Every week he makes highlight reel throws to his receivers. Win or lose it is always enjoyable to watch him play. I always check out Charger highlights on YouTube.

Combine his size and abilities with his intelligence, which is another big part of his success, and you easily have a QB who is capable of winning a Super Bowl. He will be a Hall of Fame candidate if he stays healthy.

Edited by Drake

I've been wrong about a lot of things.

I thought Lance Armstrong was winning on talent and determination alone,  I could have sworn Ryan Leaf would make a better pro than Peyton Manning, and I thought there was no way on this, or any other planet, that the U.S.A would have beaten the Soviets at hockey in 1980. 

Yet I didn't go out of my way to make statements regarding those people/events as ridiculously erroneous as the following in reference to Herbert.

"I've never understood the love with this kid," said the scout, according to Bleacher Report's Matt Miller. "He might look the part, but he'll get someone fired. He doesn't have it."

So does the author of these comments feel dumber and dumber with each JH milestone, or has this long been forgotten as he goes about his daily business of spraying foot powder in bowling shoes?    

• Thumbs Up 1

To be honest I was not a big Herbert fan in college, even though he had a big arm, but now that I’ve seen what an NFL coach can do with talent I have to swallow every negative comment I made. The blame definitely goes to little m little c.

Kid is a baller. I am now making bets on this kid. Hope Evans is back soon. Thursday night will be a big one.

Edited by Just Ducky

How about 65 yds on the run, on a dime?

I remember the drops. Dude was so powerful, college kids had a hard time catching the football. 

There will never be another Gretzky,  Jordan or Brady. But... there has never been a Herbert until now. Dude is an absolute freak.