Mic

Mar'Keise 'Bucky' Irving

I hope you forum & Duck fans are as big a fan of 'Bucky' as I've become these last 3 games.  Not since Kenyon Barner was here was a running back as much fun to watch run the ball.  La'Michael James as well.  

This is what I personally like best about Oregon football - the breakaway run after the passing game has loosened the defense and stretched the field.  Gads, he's fun to watch and this is not to take anything away from Whittington or Cardwell.  I really, really hope we get to see any one of them on a long breakaway next Saturday evening under the lights at Autzen.

These are special times fellow Duck fans.  Enjoy them 'cause we all know what it's like when the drought season sets in - and runs get shorter in yards.  I think we can thank Bo Nix for the loosening-up needed to spring those young men loose.   To-The-House, Bucky!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

We have some serious talent at the RB position right now.  I am also extremely impressed with Irving so far.  He is a dude and is 1a IMO. 

I also like Cardwell as the 1b and I am shocked that he is not getting any playing time.  I thought he was hurt, but apparently he was dressed and healthy last week??

E3688D3D-3C3C-4F02-9971-7ACBF575F79C.jpeg

Edited by GeotechDuck

Irving and Wittington are killers right now. These two, imo, have created a lot of separation from the rest of the RB room. Especially Bucky.

With the way the O line is playing and Bo's huge gains in IQ and decision making, these two are having huge success. 

I don't know how far behind them Cardwell is due to injury. I trust that the coaching staff knows what they are doing.

I suspect match up week to week will dictate Caldwell snaps. Hope he plays next week against Tree.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/27/2022 at 5:29 AM, Log Haulin said:

Irving and Wittington are killers right now. These two, imo, have created a lot of separation from the rest of the RB room. Especially Bucky.

With the way the O line is playing and Bo's huge gains in IQ and decision making, these two are having huge success. 

I don't know how far behind them Cardwell is due to injury. I trust that the coaching staff knows what they are doing.

I suspect match up week to week will dictate Caldwell snaps. Hope he plays next week against Tree.

Speaking of killers - have you been watching Ott down at Cal?  That dude is absolutely shredding defenses.  IIRC he was committed to the Ducks at one point. 

Edited by GeotechDuck
  • Thumbs Up 1

Irving's clutch reception in the 4th Qtr of the Wazzu game on 4th and 2 was 'do or die'. It was a great pass thrown into a tight window. If Nix doesn't find him, throws a bad ball or Irving drops it, Oregon's comeback is toast. Franklin's grabs were fantastic Sports Center material but Bucky's reception was the game's true pivot.

The comparisons to Kenyon Barner I think are the closest, and Irving may even have a bit better anticipation, field vision and finishing power than KB. Getting Cardwell back will be important later in the season to keep fresh legs in the RB rotation, but Irving (and Whittington, for that matter) have really performed above expectations. 

• Thumbs Up 7

On 9/27/2022 at 8:13 AM, GeotechDuck said:

Speaking of killers - have you been watching Ott down at Cal?  That dude is absolutely shredding defenses.  IIRC he was committed to the Ducks at one point. 

The Beavers have a stud in the works right now too: Jack Colletto. This guy goes two ways, seeing the ball on offense as a full back and their stud inside linebacker.

Edited by Mic

Need to feed Irving more! 

I feel Whittington is ok... He has some good plays but he also seems to get caught fairly frequently behind the los. 

I know Cardwell and Dollars have been dinged up but i feel Cardwell needs to get healthy and he could bust out. 

I get the rotation Oregon is doing with multiple runningbacks but I do feel Irving needs the ball more. 

• Thumbs Up 1

DL has said that the benefit of a deep RB room is that you can ride the hot hand while other guys recharge. Keep fresh legs on the bench.  Cardwell and others will get carries....it's a long season.

• Thumbs Up 2