FishDuck Article

Ducks Pound ‘Cats as We “Patiently” Await the Bruins

Does UCLA have what it takes to beat OBD?  Sadly, it'll be two weeks until we find out...

FISHDUCK.COM

Darren Perkins of FishDuck.com believes that while soundly beating Arizona was great, we are impatiently eager to play Chip...

• Applause 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

I'm already picking Oregon by 3. Home field advantage. UCLA has played ONE road game against Colorado.

Edited by Flaps2
  • Thumbs Up 1

38-27. 

This game looks real good. I love DTR's game. Oregon D should be just fine with the same recipe as against AU. Get after that QB! 

I think the bruins kryptonite might be a big road game.

The dawgs were shown to be a fraud once they hit the road, not a surprise. USC has struggled on the road. Utah also has had a hard time on the road.

I would bet sc and ucla will struggle with their next games, on the road.

I will guarantee Autzen won't be a fun place to play, and it won't be an empty stadium like they are use to. It will be loud, hostile, might even be cold, and yes, wet!

I can hear the bruin players already, 'how can you play football with all that noise, and it is cold, this isn't fun!'

uclacrowd.png

• Haha 1

On 10/10/2022 at 3:59 AM, Flaps2 said:

I'm already picking Oregon by 3. Home field advantage. UCLA has played ONE road game against Colorado.

Agree. The Ducks SHOULD win, but they will need to bring their A-game, for sure. 

On 10/10/2022 at 6:06 AM, 1Funduck said:

38-27. 

This game looks real good. I love DTR's game. Oregon D should be just fine with the same recipe as against AU. Get after that QB! 

Yup, get after the QB and try to contain the run game. UCLA much better run team than AZ, it will be a challenge. The offense is going to need to put up at least 40 as I think UCLA will put up some points. 

On 10/10/2022 at 6:58 AM, Haywarduck said:

I think the bruins kryptonite might be a big road game.

The dawgs were shown to be a fraud once they hit the road, not a surprise. USC has struggled on the road. Utah also has had a hard time on the road.

I would bet sc and ucla will struggle with their next games, on the road.

I will guarantee Autzen won't be a fun place to play, and it won't be an empty stadium like they are use to. It will be loud, hostile, might even be cold, and yes, wet!

I can hear the bruin players already, 'how can you play football with all that noise, and it is cold, this isn't fun!'

uclacrowd.png

I've said it before, and I hate to say because I love the old stadium. But, I think it would benefit the Bruins to move to So-Fi Stadium. It's easier to access from Westwood for the fans and I just think it would draw a larger crowd and have more of a gameday buzz.... unfortunately, it would probably mean the end of the Rose Bowl stadium. 

I like the 2 week wait.

It gives the game the proper hype.

Chip's last game in Autzen, probably, and a chance for us to see how coach Lanning prepares for a big game with a 2 week window.

I know DTR is a good qb, but he's a 5th year starter!! He should be good.

Their offense is more balanced and will be best test for our D yet. They run the ball well.

I expect CK to have a couple trick plays thrown in too.

CK will never be a top recruiter. He doesn't kiss up to unproven kids. The transfer portal is and will be his saving grace.

I expect them to struggle in the B1G.

So let's give Chip the farewell he and his traitorous Bruins deserve, a proper beatdown in a rocking loud stadium, the likes of which they will never experience elsewhere. 

Go Ducks!

(I too am impatient)

• Great post! 1

Giving Chip a couple weeks to prepare probably doesn't working in our favor. Ducks are the better team but are going have to show up. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Absolutely. We need to play even better than at AZ.

If everyone improves the 1%, is that an 85% improvement?

On 10/10/2022 at 3:08 PM, DanLduck said:

Absolutely. We need to play even better than at AZ.

If everyone improves the 1%, is that an 85% improvement?

Ummm... Math wasn't my best area of study, but I believe as a team that would be a 1% improvement. Which is better than regressing, so there is that. 

Edited by Darren Perkins

On 10/10/2022 at 2:55 PM, Darren Perkins said:

Giving Chip a couple weeks to prepare probably doesn't working in our favor. Ducks are the better team but are going have to show up. 

Not unless Kenny Dillingham, also getting an extra week, has his own wrinkles to contribute.  This is (to use an earlier post by someone's metaphor) Luke Skywalker (KD) meeting Obi Wan Kanobi (Chip) face to face.

And because of the 'bye' O will be getting Donte Manning back for the whole game instead of just the 2nd half.

On 10/10/2022 at 3:12 PM, Darren Perkins said:

Ummm... Math wasn't my best area of study, but I believe as a team that would be a 1% improvement. Which is better than regressing, so there is that. 

Yes, but 85 scholarship players, each improves 1%...

85 × 1% = 85% ?!? Right?🤣

• Haha 1

On 10/10/2022 at 4:37 PM, Mic said:

Not unless Kenny Dillingham, also getting an extra week, has his own wrinkles to contribute.  This is (to use an earlier post by someone's metaphor) Luke Skywalker (KD) meeting Obi Wan Kanobi (Chip) face to face.

And because of the 'bye' O will be getting Donte Manning back for the whole game instead of just the 2nd half.

But, what if it is Obi-Wan vs Anakin Skywalker? The more experienced one wins.... Ok, we've dorked out pretty hard here on Star Wars. 🤣

• Haha 1

On 10/10/2022 at 4:37 PM, Mic said:

Donate went out un 1st half, so either way he us available to start.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/10/2022 at 4:49 PM, DanLduck said:

Donate went out un 1st half, so either way he us available to start.

Thanks for clearing that up.  I was misled then by what the announcer said Saturday evening when he was ejected.  O will need all their horses for this skirmish.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ask Saban what giving Lanning extra time to prepare can do.