Charles Fischer

Do You FEEL IT? Are Some Oregon Fans Coming Back?

This does not pertain to the good people in this community, but there is a percentage of Oregon fans that we picked up during the Chip/Mariota years, but lost during the Cristobal years.  A Duck-Buddy told me how he is hearing from tons of people looking for tickets to this week's game--and there has not been this much interest in seven to eight years.

I know that some have turned away from Oregon football and all college sports due to the major events occurring, but so many of us are core fans no-matter-what.  But there is a percentage showing up to Autzen this Saturday that did not in the past, say a 15% that we lost in the last four year period?

Do you sense that a block of fans are returning, and coming back in a big way?  (Or am I spending too much time pondering nonsense?)

I know who IS Coming to Our City!

Mr. FishDuck

Everybody wants a winner.  More preferable an exciting winner.  Oregon was spoiled with the short Chip Kelly (OC and HC) era and Helfrich's first 2 years (2007-2014).  Scoring a ton of points and winning.  That is what Oregon fans expect now.

On 10/17/2022 at 2:46 PM, Tandaian said:

Everybody wants a winner. 

And everyone loves a winner.

Welcome them back.  It appears this regime might/should be able to keep them awhile.

If we continue to score 42 points a game, we fill Autzen...do we need the B1G?

Our Offensive Coordinator (Dilly) might be the most important person in the entire athletic department?

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

For me it's more comfortable watching games from my recliner on my 75" Qled Samsung. Have my own kitchen and bathroom. Plus other games to watch throughout the day. Going to a game can cost a bit also.

I bought Utes tickets because the Ducks are on fire. I want to experience the atmosphere at Autzen. I didn't pick just any game, i picked a game the Ducks are playing a top tear Pac team.

Football is better from my front room but the electric atmosphere of Autzen is something to take in from time to time.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 10/17/2022 at 5:04 PM, Log Haulin said:

Football is better from my front room but the electric atmosphere of Autzen is something to take in from time to time.

End of the third quarter and dancing to "Shout" when you have a good lead is such great fun...

Although not for me...

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

It feels more like the continuation of the Kelly-Helfrich era. The energy is there in the fan base with points going on the board. I think we all want to see the next level defense at this point but it feels like 2009-2014 all over again right now. 

We are not in the top 5 at this time but it darn well feels like we should be. We may get a chance at it come Saturday. 

Has anyone heard yet if Autzen sold out completely?  Standing room too?  If so, that should be 60,000.

On 10/17/2022 at 8:40 PM, Mic said:

Has anyone heard yet if Autzen sold out completely?  Standing room too?  If so, that should be 60,000.

I do know it was sold out for awhile with standing room only tickets left.  From the sound of it, it’s the hottest tickets to try and get.  Which means I doubt if any tickets are left period.

Plus with Game Day being there?  Big time special day!

On 10/17/2022 at 5:01 PM, Charles Fischer said:

If we continue to score 42 points a game, we fill Autzen...do we need the B1G?

Our Offensive Coordinator (Dilly) might be the most important person in the entire athletic department?

giphy.gif

He possibly could be!  But it's important to remember that a big reason he's successful right now is because we have a head coach that's keeping his mitts off the offense and letting him do his job.  TBH the entire coaching staff is doing an excellent job overall for their 1st year together.

UO students talk College GameDay plans as the countdown to showtime begins

634e0dd08c8f3.image.jpg?resize=1280,720

https://t.co/zO4BspMf70

The most important thing is the real fans are happy again!

6xc9xe.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1