Charles Fischer

Interesting Cal Game Stats...

Fun stuff to ponder further...

--No Sacks in this game again!

--Scored 40 points for the seventh straight game. (That has not happened in eight years)

--Oregon has won its 26th straight game when scoring 40 points or more.  (Is that a major indicator, or what?)

--The Ducks just won its 15th straight game when achieving over 500 yards in total offense.  (Hello.  Another indicator, and has nothing to do with defense)

--Oregon held an opponent to 100 yards or less rushing for the fourth time this season.

--Bo Nix is the first Oregon QB in 26 years to rush for three TDs, three times in one season.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43

• Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

No sacks... I'm a bit shocked by that because I thought there at least one maybe two.

But I guess he was a runner? Whatever I'll take it all the same.

• Thumbs Up 2

Did not Johnson have two sacks? The game statistics state he did; not just tackles for loss, but Johnson had two sacks.

VR,

KCDuck1

My FishDuck Friends...that is no sacks against Oregon in my first post.  My apologies, as I should have been more clear.

Bo Nix celebrates_Eric Evans of Oregon Football Twitter - Copy - Copy.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

It's too bad time in the pocket is not tracked.

There were a few times the Oregon offensive line had Cal rushers completely sealed off for what seemed like an eternity. 

Cal came out determined to stop the run. They did a good job and tackled in space extremely well.

But the Duck O line pass protection is what caught my attention. 

I'd love to know how much time Bo had in the pocket yesterday -- on average and the longest duration. 

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Charles, thanks for those stats. You have been the loudest voice in the room, during the MC years, that CFP teams score about 45 points a game. Since the butt whoopin in Georgia the Duck offensive machine is doing their part for a CFP invite.

The O Line has been superb. They are as dominant a force as this years and last years Dawgs D. They deserve serious props......

The receiver group are blocking downfield, running effective roites and catching passes. Catching TD passes.

The Duck running backs are hitting their holes, following blockers and making elusive adjustments. Yards after contact has been impressive. I really can't remember the last fumble?

But to me what stands out is, unlike past teams, they are overcoming their mistakes. Whether its penalties or dropped passes they rally together and overcome. Look at how they rallied around Hutson's dropped TD pass. We all know how bad he felt! Some on this forum probably popped a vein in their neck or forehead. But not the coaches or players 

What a joy to watch this offense.....

GO DUCKS!

Edited by Dr Hilarius
typo
  • Go Ducks! 2
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Like 2

On 10/30/2022 at 9:00 AM, HappyToBeADuck said:

I really can't remember the last fumble?

I will not jinx it by looking it up, but I don’t think we’ve lost a fumble all year. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

The stats to know from Oregon's win at Cal

Here are the notable stats that stood out from the 42-24 win over Cal, giving the Ducks their seventh straight win.

247SPORTS.COM

Saturday afternoon at California produced yet another impressive performance for the Oregon football program, even if the Ducks were not totally sold on the way they

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Cal usually always plays best at home.  Home field advantage has an astounding record this year in the Pac-12 in the win/loss category.  If it wasn't for turning it over on downs twice in the red zone, the score could have been more.

Cal does have a stout defense.  They had not allowed more than 31 points in a game all season.  They came into the contest giving up an average of just 22.6 points.

Was there some mistakes, yes, but I agree with HappyToBeADuck, they rallied and overcame their mistakes.  It has been a joy watching this team play this year!  Looking forward with anticipation in this team's growth each and every game.

Go Ducks, Fly High!

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Like 1

Statistically speaking: Oregon Ducks tied for least sacks allowed through 8 games by any team since at least 2009

Here is where Oregon ranks statistically in the Pac-12 and nationally in 2022:

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

The No. 8 Ducks (7-1, 5-0 Pac-12) didn’t allow a sack in their 42-24 win over Cal and have allowed just one sack this season over 269 pass attempts. Only Georgia Southern, which has allowed two...

1st-Year OBD Coaches:               1

3 Ex-Ducks Traitor Coaches:      0

Edited by DuckFan93