Charles Fischer

Does TCU Pass Your Eyeball Test?

TCU is rated at No. 7, and while they are good....I certainly believe that Oregon would beat them.  It will be interesting to watch Alabama and LSU for the same impressions.

But then....none of it matters if we don't win.  And we have a dandy in a week...

Jake Browning goes down_Kevin Cline.jpg

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I think the Ducks would beat TCU, but I'm going to give any undefeated P5 the nod over a 1 loss team.  TCU should be ranked ahead of Alabama.  

I'll take 13-1 Rose Bowl win.

• Thumbs Up 2

I agree I think we would beat them.  However, if they run the table, including winning the Big 12, they should be in = Power 5 undefeated champ.

Just like if we run the table and win the Pac 12, we'll be ahead of Tenn even if they win the rest of their games.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 11/5/2022 at 4:16 PM, Charles Fischer said:

And we have a dandy in a week...

I am really looking forward to UW in Autzen, the home crowd will likely supply a bit more juice to the D.

To answer your primary question, No I don't think TCU answers the eye test.  They have an explosive offense but if that is taken away I'm not sure they sustain enough drives to get a win against a quality opponent.

• Thumbs Up 2

I just want to see TCU have to play a starting QB for an entire game, they've been extremely fortunate to have played backup QBs in most of the big games against them.  

OU, Kansas, KSU, and now Texas Tech have all had to go to their backup because of injury.  I mean how lucky can you get!  Kansas and KSU win their games if the QB is healthy.

• Thumbs Up 1

The B12 is hard to read this year.  Ok St looks like world beaters and have flopped.  Same with KS. TX is inconsistent. TCU isn’t blowing through the league.  

A lot of parity at the top.  

Long way of saying TCU is a tough read

On 11/5/2022 at 10:20 PM, CalBear95 said:

The B12 is hard to read this year.  Ok St looks like world beaters and have flopped.  Same with KS. TX is inconsistent. TCU isn’t blowing through the league.  

A lot of parity at the top.  

Long way of saying TCU is a tough read

Another example of how the "Conference of Champions" is always on the cutting edge. This is what has been happening to the Pac since the inception of the playoff.  Self-cannibalization of the conferences has become the new parity. No loss is out of the question. Any body see that Georgia/Missouri game weeks ago?  Many questionable teams are ALMOST capable of taking out the big boys.

The way things are playing out over the last few weeks is helping the Pac-10 (it's what we effectively are at the moment) gain credibility for the CFP. Georgia's win against OBD is weekly growing to look like the biggest laurel hangin' on the Bulldog's sleeve.........

TCU @Texas next week. 

TCU is basically The Ducks..  Big 12 version. 

I just trust our coaches more than theirs

Ducks need to just keep winning (Georgia too).

If we are talking playoff spots:

I think Texas takes down TCU next week at home. If not they still have at Baylor then Iowa State, then probably Texas (or Baylor, or Kansas State) in their Championship game.

The ESPN talking heads tonight agreed Oregon likely sits at 6 Tuesday, a TCU loss gets them to 5.

Ohio State and Michigan play, and one will lose and drop and that gets them to 4.

I think tOSU is the team Duck fans should pull for, as the B10 hasn't looked so great this year, and Michigan's favorable OOC schedule will do them no favors with a single loss. If Michigan wins, a one loss tOSU perhaps is a bigger obstacle (but in that case they miss their championship game and I think likely still slip a spot below the Ducks). Assume Ohio State gets revenge this year.

Georgia, Ohio State, Oregon, and probably Tennessee (unless the committee opts for Michigan). What am I missing? Things seem to be lining up pretty nicely.

The story at #4 may not be will a one-loss Pac-12 Champion get in -- but rather which one loss team who missed their conference championship (Tennessee and Ohio State/Michigan loser) gets in.

Ducks and Georgia need to keep winning (Georgia in theory could face and need to beat a one loss Old Miss if Mississippi is able to finish the year by beating Alabama, Arkansas, and MSU to reach the SEC final to keep them out).

Edited by AnotherOD
  • Applause 1

On 11/6/2022 at 1:45 AM, AnotherOD said:

Ducks need to just keep winning (Georgia too).

If we are talking playoff spots:

I think Texas takes down TCU next week at home. If not they still have at Baylor then Iowa State, then probably Texas (or Baylor, or Kansas State) in their Championship game.

The ESPN talking heads tonight agreed Oregon likely sits at 6 Tuesday, a TCU loss gets them to 5.

Ohio State and Michigan play, and one will lose and drop and that gets them to 4.

I think tOSU is the team Duck fans should pull for, as the B10 hasn't looked so great this year, and Michigan's favorable OOC schedule will do them no favors with a single loss. If Michigan wins, a one loss tOSU perhaps is a bigger obstacle (but in that case they miss their championship game and I think likely still slip a spot below the Ducks). Assume Ohio State gets revenge this year.

Georgia, Ohio State, Oregon, and probably Tennessee (unless the committee opts for Michigan). What am I missing? Things seem to be lining up pretty nicely.

The story at #4 may not be will a one-loss Pac-12 Champion get in -- but rather which one loss team who missed their conference championship (Tennessee and Ohio State/Michigan loser) gets in.

Ducks and Georgia need to keep winning (Georgia in theory could face and need to beat a one loss Old Miss if Mississippi is able to finish the year by beating Alabama, Arkansas, and MSU to reach the SEC final to keep them out).

LSU controls its own destiny in the West.  If they win out then assuming UGA does the same those two will meet in the championship game.  

Mississippi needs to beat Alabama and for LSU to stumble 

On 11/6/2022 at 8:19 AM, CalBear95 said:

LSU controls its own destiny in the West.  If they win out then assuming UGA does the same those two will meet in the championship game.  

Mississippi needs to beat Alabama and for LSU to stumble 

Absolutely. The theory requires both Oregon and Georgia to win out, LSU or Mississippi can't win the SEC.