Charles Fischer

Callous Up: Husky Fans Predict Saturday's Score

There are many expected predictions with disrespect to the Ducks below, but there are a number of surprises as well.  All entertaining!

"High scoring game. 45-42 Dawgs."

"D*cks 56 Dawgs 31 Huskies win 38-27. In high profile game, Bo Nix reverts to form and throws 2 picks."

"UW 41, Quacks 45. Stranger things have happened but odds are Washington likely does not have enough talent to keep up with the majority of pay for play teams."

"UW will need to keep the offense on the field with slow dink and dunk passes if there's no run game option plus turnovers to have a chance."

"45-33 ducks. We have the right coach to guide us though in the future. Coach DeMan will be successful vs the ducks down the road."

"49 - 35 Ducks...we are not there....YET"

"Ducks 40-20 I'm a Husky who lives in Oregon, and the Ducks are everything and more of what you think they are."

"UO 41 UW 44 in 2 OT Dawgs will be barking and feathers will be flying…"

Washington@Oregon_2018_kc-206.jpg

"OR 59 UW 42."

"Ducks 49, Huskies 31. Our defense is just not good enough at this point."

"Dawgs 45 Ducks 30 Our Offense moves the ball all game on the Ducks."

"Oregon 63 - Good Guys 38"

"UO 42 UW 28"

"42-41 Dan Lanning is distracted by the Auburn coaching vacancy. Dawgs win on last second field goal."

"Ducks 48 - UW 21. It’s over by half and we score in 4th to make it look better but it’s a nothing game for us this year."

"Them 44 Good Guys 27"

"Oregon 42 Dawgs 35"

Cam McCormick in 2018!

Cam McCormick_Kevin Cline.jpg

"Oregon 48, UW 27 Oregon at home is tough."

"Oregon 38 UW 24 Oregon has been destroying teams. If we don’t turn it over we have a shot. UCLA took us apart. They are more talented than us."

"D*cks 49 - Dawgs 28"

"UO 38- UW 21 I don’t think in the near future CKD will be losing many games against them , but unfortunately this year they will. I hope I’m wrong."

"Score prediction: Ducks 49-31"

"42-32 Oregon. They are on a roll right now. Our offense will keep up for a while but our improved Defense will get exposed six ways to Sunday."

"Oregon 45 UW 27 I unfortunately agree w/ much if the sentiment here. On the road with Oregon's O firing on all cylinders , I see a game similar to the late Sark/Early CP years in terms of score."

"49-35 Ducks. I see the Dawgs scoring a lot but getting 2 less stops than Oregon in a game where neither team punts more than twice since both defenses are pretty ugly. There are going to be a lot of points scored this game. My two hopes are this:

1. Dawgs are really really bad against the pass but Oregon is worse

2. Bo Nix is prone to having some bad games at really bad times and he hasn't had his bad game yet."

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

And my favorite of the wishful thinking:  "In high profile game, Bo Nix reverts to form and throws 2 picks. Huskies win 38-27."

In your dreams.

Wow! Far less delusional than the past.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, they are delusional...check out this clip of post from uwdawgpound:.  I think supply chain issues are affecting delivery of this guy's meds!!  

Screenshot_20221110-133120.png

• Applause 1

On 11/10/2022 at 1:27 PM, Mic said:

And my favorite of the wishful thinking:  "In high profile game, Bo Nix reverts to form and throws 2 picks. Huskies win 38-27."

In your dreams.

Interesting fact Penix Jr. threw 4 TD's and 7 Interceptions last year. If somebody is going to return to their old ways it just may be Penix.

Both of these qb's have better coaches, but Penix would seem to be due for another pic or more.

• Cool 1

On 11/10/2022 at 1:48 PM, Haywarduck said:

Interesting fact Penix Jr. threw 4 TD's and 7 Interceptions last year. If somebody is going to return to their old ways it just may be Penix.

Both of these qb's have better coaches, but Penix would seem to be due for another pic or more.

Yeah.  Fans will say crazy things about their team.  This will be a battle and the Ducks will certainly get tested, esp if Oregon can't put pressure on the QB.

In that great analysis by Dazed & Confused where he discusses the Cover 1 and Cover 2, the Tampa 2 and the (I love this name) the 'Jeff-7' variant he discusses various ways the Ducks might be able to put pressure on Penix and force some bad throws or get some sacks.  I think Oregon is going to have to be able to do that to stop UW a few times while (hopefully) Dillingham's offense clicks and O scores.

I know this: I wouldn't trade Bo Nix for any other QB in the nation right now.  Nor do I think either would DL & KD. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I wonder how many high profile games has Penix played in? How many big games have their O line played in, too?

The little doggies have put their numbers up against weak a$$ opponents. The only team they played with high level talent was ucla. The Bruins took them to the woodshed.

The game was on the road against the Bruins, in front of like 12 people. On Saturday they will face a legit top 10 team in front of 58,000 plus screaming fans. On the road......

Get Penix off his mark, disrupt his timing and turnovers will follow. This game should be a big time beat down. GO DUCKS!

Edited by Smith72
Profanity

On 11/10/2022 at 11:33 PM, HappyToBeADuck said:

I wonder how many high profile games has Penix played in? How many big games have their O line played in, too?

The game was on the road against the Bruins, in front of like 12 people. On Saturday they will face a legit top 10 team in front of 58,000 plus screaming fans. On the road......

Really good points here, because in the only game against a great foe at UCLA, we saw Penix throw some bad interceptions that were the difference.  And this Autzen crowd is going to be screaming for purple blood...

Sounds like an epic game coming!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck